Closer Part 25

Xion cast a solitary figure as he wandered alone through the dark depths of the foreboding forest. As the storm raged on, he paid no attention to the sheet rain lashing his boyish face as he he continued on with raw determination to find Neoma. His long blonde hair fell in damp tendrils across his face as he blundered onwards though the dark and wild wilderness. No matter what it took, he would find her.

Back at the palace, Hwanwoong had returned to the dining room in a rage and destroyed the remaining items that had somehow escaped Neoma's attention. This included a large antique mirror, which he tore form the wall and threw to the ground as he screeched like a demented banshee. The sound of the glass shattering shook Seoho to his core as he cowered in the corner with Keonhee. Ravn watched on, his arms folded, seemingly unimpressed. 'You should have killed her' he said simply. Hwanwoong ceased his destructive rampage to stare him down.

Marching towards him, he grasped Ravn by the face and hissed, 'Shut up Ravn' their lips almost touching as he eyed him menacingly. Ravn's heart fluttered, he was beyond disappointed that Neoma had clearly managed to escape. However, the conviction in Hwanwoong's stare reassured him that should she dare to return, this would not be an issue for long. A cat like smile played on his lips at the thought. Hwanwoong slapped him hard against the face, 'Stop smirking' he barked. Ravn closed his eyes against the impact and flinched as Hwanwoong grabbed his face again, the anger dancing in his amber green eyes. 

Keonhee watched the interaction with keen interest, he was intrigued that Neoma had appeared unable to use her powers to deter Hwanwoong. It occurred to him that it must be connected with the way in which the red moon ceremony that brought her back and had somehow worked in reverse. The sire no longer had the power over their submissive. This presented a clear advantage, he just needed a way to persuade Hwanwoong to recognise this too.

Straightening himself to his full height, Keonhee strode towards the pair, ignoring Seoho's hissed warning of 'Are you mad?' Clearing his throat Keonhee announced, 'Gentlemen, I think I may have the solution to your dilemma.' Still grasping Ravn by the face, Hwanwoong's demon eyes appraised him. 'You may as well present it, you will be dying soon anyway.' he responded flippantly. Keonhee returned the threat with a wide self assured smile. 'If you want the unfaithful whore gone, and the world returned to the way it was, you will need to turn me.' he declared. Hwanwoong flinched at the reminder of Neoma's infidelity. Letting go of Ravn, he stalked towards Keonhee, his head tilted to the side with suspicion.

'You have proven yourself to speak with a forked tongue my brother' he began, his eyes glimmering with manic energy, 'why should I trust a word that comes from your deceptive mouth?' he asked, as he swiftly closed the distance between them. Keonhee's face remained as a stoic mask of calm, whilst his heart pounded painfully in his chest with dread as Hwanwoong advanced ever closer. He knew he was playing a very dangerous game. Mustering his courage Keonhee proclaimed, 'I have the protection of the goddess Selene' he said pausing for effect he concluded, 'we could rule this world.' 

Hwanwoong appeared to consider his statement, 'So you are telling me that a goddess permitted you to fornicate with her' he surmised with a sly smirk. Keonhee's smile faltered at Hwanwoong's crude words. 'If you like' he responded dryly. Hwanwoong grinned and rolled his head around loosening the muscles in his neck, flexing in preparation for his imminent attack. Straightening himself he stared Keonhee down, 'On your knees' he said nastily. Keonhee touched the dryness of his lips with his tongue. He was mortified to be in this degradingly submissive position. Swallowing back his pride, Keonhee did as instructed. 

Hwanwoong laid the palm of his hand on Keonhee's head. 'Now beg me' he said quietly, the ominous tone of his voice made Keonhee's stomach lurch with terror. Taking a deep breath, he responded calmly and clearly, 'Please Hwanwoong, I'm begging you, please turn me.' Seoho watched on in wide eyed terror as Hwanwoong savaged Keonhee with ruthless cruelty, his screams echoing around the room. Seoho felt sick to the stomach by the sight and questioned whether Keonhee would even survive. Ravn meanwhile remained impassive, his handsome face a mask of indifference as he casually observed the sickening spectacle, seemingly desensitised to Hwanwoong's brutality.

Then, it was silent.