Throne Part 27

Back at the castle, the atmosphere was ominously still. Hwanwoong sat alone in solitary inebriation in the exquisitely embellished throne room. Dozens of empty wine bottles littered around the foot of the throne he was slouched in. He guzzled from a half filled bottle, his seventh of the evening. Unfortunately the alcohol was doing little to dull the anguish and anger he was experiencing. His pain had a name, Neoma. He hated her, he truly wanted her dead. And yet he loved her, with every fibre in his being, he loved her. 'Look what you have reduced me to you bitch' he muttered angrily, taking another gulp. The soft sensual liquid entered his stomach warming and soothing his heartache with the deceptive promise of a seductive placebo.

His hands felt for her necklace which he was now wearing. His fingers located the jewel, which was now as clear and vacant as their lost love. He had removed it from her neck weeks ago during one of their exquisite torture sessions. The necklace was now all he left to remind himself of her. His mind tormented him with memories of their passion, repeatedly interrupted by the stab of her betrayal. Her deceptive heart belonged to Leedo now, of this he was certain. Rage pulsated though his temples, travelling to his heart and coursing through his soul. A river of rage filled torment. Screaming in thunderous fury, he hurled the now empty bottle across the room. It shattered against the wall leaving a dark purple/red residue, like the bitter sweet blood of loves betrayal.

Ravn entered the room, narrowly avoiding the merlot bottle before it hit its target. His face etched with cautious concern at Hwanwoong's intoxicated state . 'You need to sober up' he declared, his tone void of any semblance of sympathy. Hwanwoong tried to focus on him, his vision distorted by his copious consumption of the burgundy beverage. 'Shut up Ravn' he muttered, 'Just get me another bottle' he commanded, his words slurred and running into each other. Ravn frowned in irritation and disgust, 'There is no time for that, Keonhee needs us to travel back with him to the sanctum.' Hwanwoong rolled his eyes, 'I'm not going anywhere' he declared, 'now bring me another bottle of the merlot to taste, and I might just let you taste my tongue' he added suggestively, rolling his tongue out obscenely.

Ravn parted his lips and furrowed his brows in awe, he was tempted to let Hwanwoong continue drinking himself into a stupor. Who knew where this might lead.... At the same time, there were more pressing matters. For the greater good, he needed to persuade Hwanwoong to come with him. But this seemed increasingly unlikely, like a love drunk fool, he clearly intended to wait for Neoma's return. Ravn considered Hwanwoong for a moment, if he wouldn't come willingly, then there was only one other option. Taking another bottle from the many Hwanwoong had brought from the kitchen cellar. Ravn opened it with a flourish and swiftly handed it over. 'Drink cautiously' he advised, aware that Hwanwoong hated taking orders and would inevitably do the opposite. As predicted, Hwanwoong winked at him before gulping down the bottle in its entirety. 

'Ravn....' he began, as he stood up and clumsily approached him. Ravn watched as a brief look of confusion crossed Hwanwoong's face, the bottle slipping clumsily from his fingers and clunking to the ground. His eyes rolled back as he submitted himself to sweet alcohol induced oblivion. With lightening speed, Ravn rapidly advanced towards Hwanwoong, catching him seconds before he made contact with the ground. Clutching his unconscious form to his chest, Ravn's mind was reeling with the scent of him. A soapy and spicy smell denoting a fresh and forbidden sensuality invaded his senses. He still wanted Hwanwoong, his feelings were growing stronger by the day. Hwanwoong's continued mocking cruelty hurt and frustrated him, but only increased his longing. 

Dizzy with desire, it took exceptional effort for Ravn to focus on lifting Hwanwoong's unconscious form and unceremoniously placing him over his shoulder. Gritting his teeth, Ravn carried him out from the throne room, the glow of love and lust still glimmering in his onyx eyes.