Storm Part 23

Hwanwoongs pretty face twisted in fury, 'You unfaithful whore' he roared raising his hand and slapping her hard against the face. Reeling from the impact, Neoma watched as the green amber of bloodlust flashed over Hwanwoong's doe like orbs. It was obvious to her that he absolutely intended to kill her. Neoma's survival instinct whirled into action as she willed the large table to flip over and directed every chair and adjacent object towards Hwanwoong. Quickly the room descended into chaos. Hwanwoong's face was scrunched in rage, his teeth bared as he successfully swerved the flying debris. Assessing the situation in seconds, Ravn ran towards Hwanwoong and threw himself against him in a gesture of selfless protection to act as a shield against Neoma's tumultuous storm. His valiant gesture sent them both tumbling to the ground. 

Seizing the opportunity for escape, Neoma fled towards the door as chairs and objects crashed down, littering the floor. In his rage fulled desire to access Neoma, Hwanwoong raised his leg and kicked Ravn back hard, sending him hurtling into Keonhee and Seoho who were crouched away from the mayhem. Screaming with mania, Hwanwoong advanced in hot pursuit of Neoma, his vengeful cries echoing down the corridors. 

Panting with adrenaline fuelled effort, Neoma's heart thumped hard in her chest as she became acutely aware of the sound of Hwanwoongs rage ringing through the corridors seemingly inches behind her. As she ran, she used her mind to direct every passing object behind her to create a barrier between her and the hell at her heels. Amidst a tornado of portraits and ornaments, Hwanwoong continued his murderous mission. Raising his hands, he hit away every object Neoma directed at him as if they were merely annoying specks of dust.

Far from the main entrance and exit, Neoma ran up the stairs towards the sanctity of her fathers room. As she reached the top of the stairs, her heart felt ready to explode as she pushed herself to keep moving. As she reached the door of salvation, a thud against her back knocked the air from her lungs, sending her crashing to the ground. On top of her now, Hwanwoong dived forward and turned Neoma to face him and meet his demonic smile. Neoma shrieked loudly and began thrashing against him with all her might. Straddling her struggling form, Hwanwoong clamped his hand firmly over her mouth, his lips against her ear he spoke with an almost playful tone, 'Our warm feelings are fading away' he said cryptically, 'I can see the end, we cant make this scenario again.' Neoma's heart lurched at his ominous threat as she continued to thrash uselessly against him.

The white hot rage was nauseatingly evident in Hwanwoong's calculated gaze as he observed her struggle. His face cracked into a diabolical grin as he began clawing at her body and tearing at her clothes with the blood crazed ferocious energy of a wild animal. Neoma's screams challenged the deafening sounds of the thunderous storm slashing the palace as Hwanwoong continued his merciless assault. The sudden sound of shattering timber stunned the pair into inaction as Xion, fuelled by a desire to protect Neoma, appeared before them having broken out from Neoma's fathers room. Neoma noted the look of open mouthed astonishment on Hwanwoong's face at the site of Xion's demon in Neoma's dress. It was almost comical. 

Taking advantage of Hwanwoong's dumbfounded disorientation, Neoma bit hard into his hand. Hwanwoong screeched with pain and raised his hand to strike her. Before he could make his vicious contact, Xion lunged at him sending them both rolling down the stairs. Clambering to her feet, Neoma scrambled towards the upper stairwell and continued running up the narrow winding staircase leading to the palace roof. Throwing herself through the thick oak door, she willed it closed and locked behind her. With an almost defeated air of acceptance, she knew in her soul that this was a futile action against Hwanwoong.

Out on the roof top Neoma was quickly drenched in sheets of rain being thrown at her as silver sheet lightning illuminated the sky. Blundering blindly through the elements, Neoma reached the edge of the roof top and gazed out into the vast portentous darkness. The crashing sound of shattering oak alerted her to the fact that she was no longer alone. Glancing quickly over her shoulder she witnessed Hwanwoong tearing towards her.

Flashes of silver strobes of lightning illuminated his manic yet captivatingly ethereal features making his teeth and eyes shine with a supernatural gleam. As he witnessed her standing at the roof top edge, Hwanwoong stopped. As their eyes met, Neoma provided him with a quick smile, before leaping and plummeting into the darkness.