Chapter 16

"I went to the doctors for the last check up before my C-section. He said that the babies are a little small, but it’s normal when there is more than one child in the womb. He told me that there are no problems but he is going to postpone the C-section so that the babies can gain a little more weight before they are born," I say, looking at Ville. He was moved out of ICU yesterday.

"Are you still getting a C-section or do they want to try a natural birth?" Ville asks. He takes a bite of hospital food before turning his nose up and pushing the plate away. I smile.

"He wants to do a natural birth. He took an ultra sound and said that Rebecca was head down. Dorian wasn’t but the doctor should be able to reach in and turn the baby if he doesn’t do it on his own. They will do a C-section if it is necessary."

"I don’t think I would be able to deliver babies and still be straight," Ville says.

"Hey, boyfriend, I brought you and the baby mama some food. It’s a lot better than the crap they serve here," Lafayette says, raising the bags he’s carrying.

"You called him," Ville accuses. I grin and take the bag Lafayette hands me. We dig into our food and talk about anything. I flip through the channels. I start bouncing when I see The Nightmare Before Christmas has just started.

"Ok, girlfriend. I’m outta here," Lafayette teases. I stick my tongue out and start singing This Is Halloween. Ville adds his voice and I grin. I always love hearing him sing. His voice is like the ocean, ever changing. It can be so deep where it rumbles from his chest or high like a song bird and everything in between. I love falling asleep to his voice. I look over at Ville and smile.

"Why are you smiling?" he asks.

"I was just thinking about your voice, and how our children will be falling asleep to your lullaby soon," I reply. Ville smiles and his eyes shine with love.

"Excuse me, Mr. Valo; I have some news for you." Ville looks at the doctor. He smiles and says, "You can go home tomorrow. Don’t do any heavy lifting, and take the medicine we prescribe to you." I stare at the doctor.

"He can come home?’ I repeat. The doctor nods and I start crying. Lafayette comes over and hugs me.

"Baby hormones." Ville says apologetically.

"It’s okay, I went through it four times," he replies. I soon stop crying and quickly start apologizing.

"It’s okay, Kaunis. We understand," Ville says. I stand up and head to the bathroom. I come back out and stand next to Ville’s bed.

"You’re going to be there when your children are born," I say softly, taking his hand in mine. He raises my hand to his lips.

"I know," he replies smiling. I stay with him until a nurse tells me visiting hours are almost over.

"Kaunis go home and sleep on a real bed," Ville says gently. I shake my head.

"I want to stay with you," I say stubbornly. Ville sighs.

"Darling, please?" Ville gives me puppy dog eyes and I sigh.

"Okay, I’ll go home," I say. I give him a long kiss.

"Mrs. Wolf, your cab is here," a nurse says. I say thank you then glare at Ville. He grins. I roll my eyes and kiss him again.

"I love you."

"I love you, too," he replies. I turn and head home.