Chapter 10

The Next Day

I sit at the kitchen table and stare at the paper in front of me.

"Rebecca Dawn? That’s a cute name," April comments. I nod.

"I’m really leaning towards that one myself. I’ll still have to ask Ville about it though. I can’t think of any good boy names," I tell her. She looks at my list.

"Alastair, Asher, Lucian, Dorian, Vladimir, Shiloh," she reads off.

"You really aren’t considering naming your kid Aragorn, are you?’ she asks me. I shrug.

"I was just writing down names, honestly. I have no idea what to name my son," I say, resting my chin on the table. April rubs my back.

"You’ll figure something out, dear," she says, before starting dinner.

Later that night, I lie in bed, talking to Ville on the phone.

"I like Rebecca Dawn for the girl," Ville says. I bite my lip.

"Is everything okay, kaunis?" he asks.

"Bam told me that he was going to name his baby Dawn, if it was a girl. I’m having second thoughts about naming our daughter that. I’m not sure how Bam will take it," I tell him, rubbing my stomach. I’m showing now.

"The only thing I can say is talk to him about it. I understand why you thought about it, and I agree with you, so leave it up to Bam. If he doesn’t like it, we’ll think of something else. We have time," Ville says. I smile. Ville has been really understanding as to why I’m trying to include Bam.

"Ville, are you sure you’re okay with involving Bam this much? It is your baby," I ask.

"Of course I am. He’s a brother to me. I mean, in the end, naming the babies will be our agreement, but any input they give us I will take into consideration. Besides, I think that involving Bam is actually helping him get better. He has a reason to live now."

"I just don’t want you to feel as if I’m.." I stop talking, trying to think of how to say what I’m feeling.

"You don’t want me to think that your pushing the role of being a father away from me and into Bam’s arms?" Ville asks.

"Yeah, I just feel.."

"Skylar, kaunis, I’m glad Bam’s there helping you. If I could, would I trade places with him in a heartbeat, yeah, but I can’t. You wouldn’t let me disappoint my fans like that. In a little over a month, tour will end and I will be by your side, so I’m okay with letting Bam play father right now." My eyes water and my chest tightens.

"I love, Ville," I tell him.

"I love you, too, kaunis. I’ll call you in a few days, okay?" he asks.

"Yeah." We say bye then hang up. Someone knocks then the door opens. Bam peaks his head in.

"Mom said that you wanted to see me," he says. I nod and wave him in. He shuts the door then walks over to the bed and sits down.

"I wanted to talk to you about baby names," I start out.

"Shouldn’t that be something you talk to Ville about?" he asks, confused. I nod.

"Yeah, but I already talked to him. Now I want to talk to you," I say.

"O-kay?" he says slowly.

"I want to name the girl Rebecca Dawn," I say. I bite my lip as I wait for him to say something. He smiles then hugs me.

"Thank you," he says into my hair.

"Welcome," I reply as I hug him tighter.