Chapter 6

I head to the bathroom and on my way back I stop at Bam’s door. I knock on it softly.

"Go away!" he shouts. I sigh and open the door.

"I said go away!" he shouts again. I shut the door and walk over to the bed. I sit down on the edge. Bam’s curled up on his side, his back facing me.

"Bam, what’s wrong?" I ask quietly.

"Nothing, just go away," he mumbles.

"Bam, please, talk to me," I say, putting a hand on his arm. He jerks it away from me. I take a deep breath to keep myself from crying.

"Please talk to me. I don’t like seeing you like this." Bam snorts but doesn’t say anything.

"Fine, don’t talk to me," I snap. I get up and walk to the door. I open and slam it shut, watching Bam the entire time. He sighs.

"Skylar!" he shouts, rolling over. He stands up and stops, glaring at me.

"That was a mean trick," he growls. I shrug and walk over the bed. I sit down then pat the spot next to me. Bam rolls his eyes then sits.

"Why are you upset?" I ask.

"It’s none of your business."

"Bam, please, I’m trying to make things better between us."

"You’re trying to make things better? How? By shoving that you’re going to have Ville’s baby in my face!?" I reach out for his hand but he jumps up, and moves out of my reach. "It should be mine! I should be the father!" Bam shouts, tears cascading down his face. He falls to his knees and starts punching the floor. I just sit there and stare, unsure of anything that I can do. Bam stops punching the floor and sits there, sobbing.

"It was mine, but they’re gone, and I will never hold either of them in my arms ever again," Bam whispers. My eyes widen and I move off the bed to crouch next to Bam. I reach my hand out.

"No! No, just leave me, please. I don’t want you here," Bam sobs. I kiss his head then slowly get up and leave the room, closing the door behind me.