Chapter 5

Ville stares at me, not saying anything.

"Ville, baby, please say something, you’re scaring me," I tell him.

"You’re pregnant? You’re going to have my baby?" he asks, tears in his eyes. I nod slowly. He suddenly grins and picks me up, twirls me around and starts laughing. I laugh too, all my worries gone. Ville sits me down on the bed, then drops to his knees and kisses my stomach. He stares at it then looks up at me, his face beaming, and kisses me. I kiss him back, tears of joy running down both our faces. He breaks the kiss and asks, "When did you find out?"

"About a week after I came here. I missed my period then the symptoms came. I took a test and it came back positive," I reply.

"Why did you wait to tell me?" Ville asks, not hurt, just curious.

"I wasn’t sure how you would feel about it for one, and you had said something about seeing if you could come see Bam. I wanted to wait and tell you in person, but if you didn’t come here, I would have told you over the phone, although I’m glad I could tell you in person," I say, smiling. He smiles and kisses me.

"Does anyone else know?" I shake my head.

"I don’t think so, but I think Caroline suspects, and that’s why she’s been avoiding me, but I’m not sure. She’s still a mystery to me." I sigh and rub my face.

"Are we going to tell them all together?" I ask.

"I think its best, but not tonight. I want to stay in this moment, just the two of us, for a little longer," Ville says. I smile and kiss him.

The Next Morning

I wake up and stretch, then roll onto my back. The door closes, and I open my eyes. Ville smiles and crawls into bed. He lies on his side and slowly starts making circles on my stomach. I smile and close my eyes.

"What are we going to name it?" Ville asks.

"I don’t know. I haven’t really thought about it since we don’t know the gender," I say.

"It doesn’t hurt to be thinking about it though," he replies, defensively.

"No, it doesn’t," I reply, kissing his head.

"Hey, breakfast is ready," Raab says through the door.

"Okay, we’ll be down in a minute," I tell him.

"Are we going to tell them before or after breakfast?" Ville asks, excitement creeping into his voice.

"If they are already eating, then after," I say, getting up. I change into clean clothes and head downstairs with Ville following.

"Are those my sweatpants?" Ville asks. I turn, smile and nod. He sighs and shakes his head.

"Hey, better get used to it, because pretty soon none of my clothes are going to fit," I say. Ville’s face lights up again. I take his hand and we walk into the kitchen.

Everyone has already started eating. I pour myself and Ville a cup of coffee. I sit them on the table. Ville sets a plate full of food down in front of me then goes gets himself a plate.

"Okay, I’ll take the bait, what’s going on with you two?" Dunn asks. I look at him confused.

"I don’t understand."

"You two keep looking at each other like-" He waves his hands around looking for the right word.

"Like heaven is on earth, and it’s been captured in the other’s eyes?" Raab offers.

"Yeah, that. That is what you two look like," Dunn complains.

"You leave them alone. They are just happy to be together," April says sternly. Ville sits down, kisses my head then starts eating.

After everyone has finished, I gather them into the living room.

Ville quiets them then looks at me, grinning. I smile too.

"There you go again!" Dunn says, throwing his hands into the air.

"Once we tell you why we’ve gathered you here, you’ll understand," Ville says.

"Well hurry up and tell us!" Raab slaps Dunn in the head. I look at Ville then back to the others. I grin and tell them.

Everyone starts talking at once. April shuts them up then asks, "How long have you known?"

"I found out about a week after I got here and I just told Ville yesterday. I thought that it should be something that was told in person," I explain.

"So we are all going to be uncles?" Dunn asks.

"Yes, and April and Phil will be his or her’s grandparents, if it’s okay with them," I say looking at April. She smiles and hugs me.

"Of course it’s alright with us!" I hug her back. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Bam walking away and Caroline walking right behind him.

"What’s wrong, kaunis?" Ville asks. I smile and shake my head. We sit down on the couch continue talking about babies.