Chapter 9

After Skylar’s doctor’s appointment, later that night, twelve weeks pregnant

I pace excitedly in the living room, waiting for Bam to gather everyone up. Caroline went home a few weeks ago because of family problems. I had text her once I found out the gender.

"Hello?" a voice says through the phone.

"Ville’s on stage, isn’t he?" I ask Danny.

"Yes, his is, but if you wait a moment I will get him for you," he says. I hesitate.

"He told me that if you called, then to come get him, even if he is on stage," Danny says gently. I nod and say okay.

"You found out?" Ville asks. I can hear the rest of the band talking excitedly in the background.

"Yeah, I’ll tell you in a second. Bam’s rounding up everyone," I tell him.

"You do realize that I’m going to tell everyone right?’ he asks. I can he the excitement in his voice.

"Yes, I do realize that, and I’m okay with it," I tell him. Everyone finally arrives and I take a deep breath.

"I’m having twins, a boy and a girl," I say. Everyone cheers and says congrats. I wave at them to be silent for a moment.

"I’m sorry for the interruption but I found out the most amazing news: My girlfriend is having twins!" Ville tells the audience. I can hear them cheering. My face feels like it’s going to split in half from the grinning.

"You hear that, kaunis? Their cheering can’t even begin to match how happy I am. I love you so much. I wish I could have been there with you," Ville says. He’s still excited but a hint of sadness crept into his voice.

"Me, too, baby, but twins! Can you believe it?" I say, trying to cheer him up.

"I was happy with one, but two? I’m ecstatic!" he says, cheering up instantly.

"I love you," I tell him.

"I love you, too," he says before sighing. "I guess I should get back to the concert."

"Be happy for your fans. They are happy for you," I say.

"You’re right. I love you," he replies.

"Love you, too," I say before hanging up.

We talk about babies for a while before everyone heads to bed. Bam and I are the only ones awake. I move until I am sitting in his lap. He wraps his arms around me and rests his head on mine.

"Dawn," he says suddenly.

"What?"

"We were going to name the baby Dawn if it was a girl," Bam explains sadly. I don’t what to say so I stay silent.