Chapter 22

Bam's point of view

I hear shouting and then angry footsteps coming down the stairs as I step out of the shower. I dry off and put on clean clothes. I make a note to thank Sky for doing my laundry as I pick up my mess. I then head to my room. When I come out, I hear Ville grumbling to himself in Finnish then the front door slam. I frown and head up to the nursery.

Sky is laying Rebecca down as I walk in. She puts her finger up to her lips and ushers me out. We walk to the kitchen and she goes about cleaning the bottles.

"Is everything alright? I heard shouting then Ville was grumbling to himself before he left," I ask. She sighs and leans against the sink.

"Ville is just being overprotective of the kids. He doesn't see you; he sees someone who can cause pain to our family. Although I don't agree with how he's handling it, I do see his point. You haven't been the most supportive. And he will never forgive you for shoving me. But I can't even begin to understand your pain or what you've had to go through." I start to open my mouth but she raises her hand to stop me. "I know you don't want to talk about it right now. You'll talk when you want to, if you ever want to. But the point remains the same: you need to sober up. You need to show us that there's more to you than just whiskey and hate. I'll do what I can to get Ville to see that you need to be here, that you need to help with the kids, and that you need to start feeling like you're family again, but it all comes down to you. You're the one who needs to put the bottle down. You're the one who has to prove himself to not only Ville, but me as well. I love you Bam, I always have, but this is your last chance. If you screw it up, you'll never be allowed around my children again." She stares me down, waiting to see how much of her speech stuck. I sigh and nod my head. I heard every word she said, but nothing hangs over me more than the thought of never seeing my godchildren again.

"I know I've made many promises before, most of them turned out to be empty, but I swear on my life, my soul, and everything I ever loved, I will get sober and I will become everything I should have been from the start."

Skylar's point of View

I walk over to Bam and give him a hug before telling him I'm going to step outside for a minute. To my surprise, Ville is sitting on the front steps. I sit down next to him and wait for him to finish his cigarette.

After I told him of my pregnancy, he said he would try to cut down on smoking and that if he wanted to smoke, he would only do it outside. I was glad he decided to do that all his own. To be honest, I didn't really want him smoking at all after the babies were born, but it's his house and I don't want to be a controlling bitch.

"I'm sorry for hurting your feelings like that, but I still feel like Bam shouldn't be around our kids. I just don't trust him," Ville says softly. I lean my head on his shoulder and sigh.

"I know you don't, but I feel like he needs those kids. We can set rules where he can only be around them if one of us is with him, and if we feel it isn't safe for him to be around them, we can deny him access to our children. We can add rules as we see fit. I know that if we explain the rules and why we feel we need them, Bam will understand and follow them." Ville stays silent. I sigh again and kiss his cheek before getting up.

"Just think about it okay? I'll go start making dinner." I head inside and leave Ville to his thoughts.

Bam is sitting in the living room watching TV. I ask him if he would come help me in the kitchen. The gang is coming over for dinner for one last get together before they head back to the states. He happily gets up and follows me. Sometime later, Ville wonders in and starts helping. It was a little awkward at first but soon we got into a rhythm of things and by the time everyone showed up, dinner was about ready.

After dinner

Everyone is hugging each other, and saying their last goodbyes to the babies as they get ready to leave. The plane leaves early in the morning and they don't want to miss it. Ville is hanging back from the crowd and I glance curiously at him. He hasn't said bye to anyone yet. Before I can wonder over to him and see what's going on, he clears his throat to quiet everyone down.

"I've been doing some heavy thinking these last few hours and I've come to a difficult decision." He turns to stare at Bam. "I want you to live with here, with us, in Finland."