Chapter 18

Skylar's point of view

I watch as April hands Rebecca to a relucant Phil.

"Ape, no, I don't want to break her," Phil says, panicking.

"You need to hold your granbabies at least once before we leave," Apre replies, showing him how to to hold the baby.

"Yeah. The next time you'll see them is when they graduate highschool," Dunn says.

"Not true! We plan visiting you guys for Fourth of July and Trick or Treating once they are old enough," Ville replies defensively. I pat his hand. He looks at me. I smile. He smiles back and laces our fingers together.

"Knock, knock bitches," Lafayette says, walking in. Luca walks in behind him. They give me a hug. Luca digs into his pocket and pulls out my ring.

"Thank you, Luca," I say. I slip the ring onto my left hand. Towards the end of my pregancy, my fingers had swollen and I couldn't put the ring on. I stare at the ring, smiling. It still seems unreal at times, getting engaged to Ville. I never thought it would happen.

"You know, it still seems unreal," Dunn says, shaking his head.

"I was just thinking that," I say laughing.

"Okay, who wants the baby?" Phil asks. Luca goes over and takes Rebecca from him.

"Here, you can have my spot," Bam says. He gets up, and hands Dorian to Lafayette.

"Thanks," Lafayette says, sitting in the vacant seat. Dunn gets up so Luca can sit.

"So do you have any idea when you want the wedding?" April asks. I shake my head.

"Ville was pretty insistant on not stressing about the wedding until the babies were born."

"Now they are born and you can stress all you want," Ville teases.

"You have a say in this too, you know," I reply.

"I'm happy with whatever you pick out."

"Okay, so we're going to Vegas to get married by Elvis," I say with a straight face. Ville laughs, but it slowly dies when I don't join in.

"You're not serious, are you?" he asks with fear in his eyes. I break out in laughter and shake my head no. He sighs in relief.

"I thought you said you were happy with anything she is?" Rabb asks.

"I'm sorry, but to me, anyone who gets married in Vegas, is not considered married in my book. Marriage is supposed to be special. It's making a commentment to someone you want to spend the rest of your life with. I'm not saying you need a million dollar wedding, but it should be planned by the bride and groom and it should be a special occasion. I love Skylar, and I want our wedding to be something we want to remember, not something we look back on and say 'did we really do it that way?'" I stare at Ville, grinning from ear to ear. He leans over and kisses me. I kiss him back. We get whistled at. I flip them off then break the kiss.

"I love you, too," I tell him.

"Does anyone know where Bam went?" April asks.