Chapter 8

My anger gets the best of me and I tackle Bam once Skylar disappears.

"Are you INSANE!?" I shout, punching Bam. "SHE’S PREGNANT AND YOU THREW HER AROUND LIKE SHE WAS A RAG DOLL!" I keep punching him until someone pulls me off. I jerk out of their grip and glare down at Bam.

"What is wrong with you? Do you not care that she’s finally happy, that she’s going to bring a smaller version of herself into this world, that you’re going to be an uncle?"

"An uncle? An UNCLE!? I COULD HAVE BEEN A FATHER!" Bam shouts, tackling me. He starts punching me as he yells.

"IT WAS MINE! I WAS THE FATHER AND NOW THEY ARE GONE AND THEN YOU AND SKYLAR SHOW UP, RUBBING IT IN MY FACE THAT YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE A BABY WHILE MINE IS LYING IN THE COLD, HARD GROUND. THEY ARE DEAD AND IT’S ALL MY FAULT! I SHOULD HAVE STOPPED HER, I should have…" Bam collapses on top of me, sobbing into my chest. I wrap my arms around him and just let him cry. Dunn cleans up the glass then disappears. I distantly hear a door open then close, and I wonder is Skylar is okay.

"She had to go to the hospital, she needed stitches, but she wanted me to tell you, she’s fine, and not to be mad at Bam," April says. I look up at her and nod. She gives me a sad smile then leaves.

"Ville," Bam says weakly.

"I’m here," I say, looking at him.

"I’m so sorry," he says looking away. His chin trembles. I turn his face towards me, and wipe a few tears away. His cheek is already starting to bruise.

"I’m sorry, too." Bam nods and lays his head back down. He starts snoring a little while later. I close my eyes and fall asleep.

Skylar’s point of view

I walk into the living room and see Bam and Ville asleep on the floor. I sit down and maneuver myself so that Ville’s head is resting in my lap. His eyes flicker then open. He smiles when he sees me. I smile back and kiss his forehead.

"Are you okay?" he asks.

"I’m fine. The doctor said that I have a slight sprain and I needed stitches. He also said the baby is fine, it’s developing normally, and that I am seven weeks pregnant," I tell him. His eyes widen.

"Seven weeks? And you just found out?" he says, disbelief in his voice. I snort.

"I know, I didn’t think I was that far along either. I thought about it on the way home, and I think the reason I never noticed was stress. Stress can cause a lot of the same symptoms as a pregnancy."

"You have been stressed a lot lately, but still, it’s crazy that you didn’t know," he says.

"I would have told you if I had known sooner, you know that right?" I ask him. He looks up at me and smiles.

"I know." Bam mumbles something and turns over. I pull a blanket off of the couch and Ville helps me to cover him.

"Did you hear?" Ville asks. He takes my hand and kisses my knuckles.

"You do that a lot when your stressed, did you know that?" I ask.

"No, I didn’t know I did that. But you ignored my question," Ville states.

"It was kind of hard not to hear. I feel so bad for him. I mean, I can’t even begin imagining…" I stop talking and let out a deep breath.

"Me either, kaunis," Ville mumbles. I run my hand through his hair as we fall silent.

"When will we know if it’s a boy or a girl?" Ville asks softly.

"I’m not sure. I was told that sometime next week the baby doctor will call me to set an appointment up," I reply sadly.

"I wish I could be there," he says, echoing my thoughts. I nod and lean my head back.

"I think Bam should go with you, to the appointment."

"I’ll ask him once I set a date," I say. Ville sighs.

"Skylar, look at me please," he says, pleadingly. I do.

"I think Bam should also be the child’s Godfather, if he wants to be. I thought about it before I fell asleep and I really think-" I stop his words with a kiss.

"You don’t have to explain. I think he should be, too, but only if he cleans up his act. Whether I’m alive or dead, I don’t want my child around an alcoholic." Ville nods his head. Bam sits up and rubs his eyes. He looks at me, then down at the cast and his eyes start to water.

"Bam, it’s okay. There are more important things to talk about," I say.

"Like what?" he asks.

"I’m leaving tomorrow to go back on tour, so I can’t go with Skylar to get an ultrasound. We were hoping that the Godfather would go with her," Ville says. Bam looks at us, confused, then it sinks in.

"You want me to be the Godfather?" he squeaks out. I smile and nod. He starts shaking his head.

"But I’m an asshole. I’m not fit for it. I-"

"Bam, shut up. Ville and I talked about it and we want you to be the Godfather," I say sternly.

"I’ll be the best damn Godfather any kid could have," he says proudly. Ville gets up and hugs Bam. I hug them both. Bam starts crying again, but this time I think it’s tears of joy.