Unfinished Story

Ahem...

Is this thing on?

Well uhm... howdy!

I'm returning for a bit to check in on everybody and maaaaybe drop a story.

How are you all? How's life been without your favorite author, huh? /j 

Hope you've all been well, all jokes aside.

I, as of 7/4/21 at 2:35am (happy early 4th of july to all the people that celebrate!), realized I had a story I completely forgot to put in the ending. It's unfinished, but it's really long, and it's a mer au! :D

I'm gonna drop it here, if any of you guys would want to continue from where it left off, pleaaaaaseeee do & credit me! Thank you lovelies!

Also, if you're interested in Camp Camp (It's a series on youtube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGAswTnJgkc&list=PLUBVPK8x-XMjSHUul9--mSrQ8mHyR8Gne first episode link - I 100% RECOMMEND IT. It's very funny but has older humor and curses) I will be publishing a few fics on it here. 

All notes aside, enjoy! 

----

TW: Needles, Blood, Mentions of Abandonment & Violence

The ocean is a misleading place. Its jaws hang unhinged, allowing you to sink deeper into its murky abyss until you are submerged in the ink of its stomach. Despite this, you can still find beautiful creatures there that call it home.

A long whistle carries through the water, followed by a few clicks. Hiding in a den with a mischievous smirk is a blonde haired mer-hybrid, his eyes a brighter blue than the surface of the water he's hidden beneath, his tail a mix of obnoxious reds and scarlets. Patches of his skin are replaced with the same shimmering scales his tail owns, and near his ears are small, wing-like webbed extensions in the shape of three small spikes. His gills flutter on his neck, taking in the water and reverting it to breathable oxygen. Spiky spines trail along his back bone, made of the same material of the webbed fins near his ears and colored the same as the rest of his mer-features. Two of his front, sharpest teeth are peaking out from under his top lip, creating a lazy overbite. His nails, abnormally long and sharp at the tips, were made of a tougher material than normal human nails.

The boy let out another long whistle before covering mouth to avoid letting out a proud squeal of laughter. He glanced over to the looming shadow of a nearby boat, followed by muffled shouts of sailors. They'd blame the dolphins for their fish shortage instead of the blonde this time, he thought confidently, the spikes on his spine puffing out a bit. He'd be safe for another day before he'd have to flee to another village.

His game plan had been fully fletched out for a week or two now. He had seen a village on the east coast a few miles from where he was staying now. The people looked foolish and innocent, and he had seen multiple other mer-hybrids around the area. He could definitely scare them off if they were younger, his top front canines were longer than normal, a symptom of not eating the right diet and not having anything to dull or file them on.

The blonde had been originally born into a small pod with just his mother, father, and siblings, along with a few friends. One day, he was given to a stronger pod of humans as a pet, or maybe a sacrifice. The pod took care of him, for the most part. One day, a bunch of people had come in and taken his pod, and he had never seen them again. After that, he swore to never be in a pod ever again.

He'd never gotten any care to make him at least a little healthy. Despite calling himself a 'big man', his frame was rather longer and skinnier. His ribs were faintly visible through his chest, and his arms were those of sticks. His knuckles were a splotchy red from punching coral and rocks out of anger, and his scales were not as nearly as bright or matured as they could be, and that was saying something, especially because they were already vibrant.