Grief

// Another Tommy + Tubbo angst, sorry for the lack of SBI - I'll definitely be doing more SBI oneshots soon, I have lots of ideas. :) Also a Bojack Horseman quote for you all at the end. \\

TW: Blood, Bruises, Injuries, Death, Starvation(?), Dehydration(?), Cursing, Negative Thoughts

{Denial.}

"He's not gone," Tommy shouted, tears threatening to spill out his eyes, "He'll make it!"

Wilbur guiltily turned away, knowing he had broken Tommy beyond repair. Eret placed a hand on Tommy's shoulder, crouching down to murmur an apology.

"Tommy, even if he did, he'd be in so much pain. What would we do from there?"

Gripping his hair, he screamed out and let the tears fall, no longer caring about his "reputation". He pushed Eret away from him, running out the door.

His eyes were fogged with tears as he ran away to his sanctuary.

Exhausted, he trudged up the mountain, sniffling as tears still fell.

"He'll make it, he'll make it, he'll make it..." he chanted to nobody, curling up into a ball as he hopelessly prayed, "He's got to make it."

A hand made its way to Tommy's shoulder, patting it comfortingly.

"It's going to be okay, Tommy."

His head shot up, seeing a short figure in front of him.

"Tubbo!" he cried out, embracing the shorter boy in a hug.

"I knew you'd make it! I knew I was right!" Tommy shouted in disbelief, a large grin plastered onto his face as he looked at Tubbo. However, he was frowning.

"Tommy..."

"What's wrong? You're okay now!"

"I've come to say goodbye, Tommy."

Tommy pulled away from the hug, confused, "Goodbye? Tubbo, you're fine! You're here now."

Tubbo simply shook his head, a tear falling from his eye, "Oh, no, Tommy. You don't understand. Look at me, Tommy. Look."

And he did. He looked at Tubbo, who surprisingly wasn't wearing any bandages, who was sitting in a criss-cross-apple-sauce position with his hands folded in his lap.

"What am I looking for?" Tommy asked with an innocent smile.

"I'm wearing no bandages, Tommy, and you just saw me in that hospital bed unconscious. Please, you've got to understand."

Suddenly, the realization dawned upon him.

He was saying goodbye.

"Tubbo, no, no, no, no, no. Y-You're joking! Nice prank, haha!"

There was no smile or laugh from Tubbo.

That was it.

Tommy fell onto the ground, loud sobs echoing into the night sky until his voice was raspy. His eyes stung and the tears wouldn't stop, no matter how hard he tried. He tried to grasp on to every little memory, but his mind was racing with millions of other thoughts.

"PLEASE, WAKE ME UP, TELL ME THIS IS A DREAM! PLEASE TUBBO!" Tommy screamed into the night sky. However, Tubbo simply leaned down and hugged Tommy, a warm aura surrounding the taller boy.

"Goodbye, Tommy. I'll miss you."

With that, the warm aura disappeared, and Tommy's pitiful sobs only got worse. He cried out for the warmth, begging to wake up, punching the dirt until his knuckles were bruised and bleeding. His throat burned from the screams and sobs, and his head felt like it was going to explode. The frosty night air bit at his skin, and he could hear the stars mocking him.