Chapter seven

WARNING: Explicit content.

Playlist: Ruelle - Madness

###

I killed him...

It all happened so fast that I needed a few minutes to recall how I managed to do this.

I froze for a moment and looked at that table where I saw a statue. I bought it when I was 16 during our school trip to New York.

Women's figure with no clothes sitting on her knees with her hands behind her back. The head is a bit raised as if looking at someone from a distance. Perfectly describe the obedience.

I used to think of it as a vision of youth. When you praise your body and embrace it to the world. For me, nudity is the sign of the duality of beauty and strength.

Nudity is not the state of wearing no clothes. Nudity is the state of mind.

I had no idea that this piece of art will prevent me from being raped and what is more will help me to kill my boyfriend - a rapist.

Maybe killing is way easier than I thought. Of course, he had the strength and height but I was in a state of shock that gave me speed and strength to pull my hands from his tight grip. It was all so strange and fast I hit his head with this statue and here I am - a murderer.

I don't know what I have done. I didn't know that I could hit that hard. Sure, he wanted to hurt me, he wanted me...

But it's not something to kill people for. I screamed and fought I wanted him to stop, but it didn't help no matter how hard I tried. Maybe, I just overreacted. There should have been another way for this situation to happen. I didn't mean him harm I just wanted to protect myself, I wanted it all to stop. And now my hands are stained with his blood.

''I did it. I did it.'' My voice was almost like a whisper.

I feel a tight ball of guilt and despair over killing a man.

Somewhere deep inside I know that there will never be any justice in taking his life. Admitting to myself I feel scared, lonely, unworthy of love and respect.

I can't imagine what will happen with Missis Ann when she finds out that her only child is dead. I feel so sorry for this woman, she had enough pain in her life and I just added more. I feel immense sorrow for this. I have robbed her family. She was so nice and kind to me and I repaid her with this...

When I looked at Nick's body I felt all the tensions, all the pressures, all the hatred, had just vanished, disappeared.

I was relieved.

Relieved because I end up not being raped or relieved because I killed him?

Maybe both.

The idea of not getting married brought me joy and a smile appeared on my face.

I was smiling while looking at his body.

I took a strand of hair off his face and said.

''My lovely Nick, I don't hate you anymore,'' I said and ran my hand over his face.

''Why are you so quiet?'' I questioned and raised my eyebrows.

When I was met with silence, I opened his eyes and said.

''Ohh I'm sorry I forgot you are dead.'' I smiled at him and stood up to my feet.

A loud, ominous laugh filled the room.

The murderer has a story to tell. Is it the story of a hero, a protector, or the story of the greedy? Anyways, I want to keep this story to myself.

I have to get rid of his body.

''What do you want me to do with your body, Nick?'' I asked and made my way to the door.

I checked whether it was locked and sat on the bed. I looked at the watch and noticed that it's already half an hour since I hit him.

I put his head on my hips and started gently patting him on the head.

A million ways of how to get rid of him appeared in my head but I know what I'm going to do now.

I started to look everywhere for a lighter. It was a hard task, considering that I don't smoke.

When I finally managed to find this, it was time to complete the other task.

I walked to the bed and tried to lift his body.

Shit, he is heavy.

Somehow I managed to drag his body to the bath and put him in there.

Suddenly I heard the noise of the engine.

I made my way to the window and saw Nick's parents leaving the yard.

''Perfect, they think he is here with me,'' I said and returned back to the bathroom.

I looked at Nick again.

''Here is my revenge, darling,'' I said and threw a burning fabric into the bath.

I took a few bottles of Everclear and poured it on a burning flame.

I like to drink Everclear when I'm upset, but not today, I have a body to burn...

First, clothes and body hair caught on fire.

His face was so peaceful, so calm and emotionless even though he was on fire.

Then, his body started to burn. The flame was big but there was no way out. If someone had told me yesterday that I'm able to kill and then burn the body, I wouldn't have believed.

I started packing my stuff into a suitcase. I can't stay in this town, especially in this house. I need to get out of here, meet some new people. I'll start my life from scratch. My time has come and I'm about to begin the first chapter of my new life.

This is when you go out and find life, and all those other things.

But before that, I need to clean up the mess.

I burned the blood-stained bedding and then replaced it with a new one. I bleached the floor that was covered with blood, got rid of anything that might indicate that I killed, and then burned him. I perfectly cleaned the bathroom and opened the window to let the air in, getting rid of the burning smell.

I spent four hours there cleaning up and watching him burn to the ash. I've collected bones that couldn't burn to the end. Later I'll drown them somewhere in the river or I'd rather feed them to the dogs.

I made everything look like nothing happened.

Our parents will think we escaped, that we want to enjoy life on our own.

They will be right, but I'll do it on my own...