Chapter ten

I'm standing there completely paralyzed as if I saw a ghost.

I clench my teeth, so my jaw wouldn't drop to the floor. I could feel the cold sweat appearing on my forehead.

I am nervous.

The dark-haired man takes a step closer to me, focusing his eyes on my face.

''Yeah, isn't it obvious?'' He pointed his head to the sign with the name of the boutique and a small smirk showed up on his face.

Cool, he thinks I'm stupid.

I demonstratively roll up my eyes to show him I'm not satisfied with his answer.

I need him to recall me. I don't believe that it is that easy to forget our friendship. He opened up to me, we were too young to understand that but he did. It was very important to him. He couldn't forget me.

''Can I put on make-up on your face?'' I said looking into his eyes.

I repeated the words he had said to me when we were playing in my room for the last time 15 years ago.

''Sure, but we have to sneak into my parents' room to find something'' I continued.

It would be too awkward if he wouldn't recall the words I have just said. I would be embarrassed and frustrated, at least he said he has a suit for me.

Lovely...

His facial expression has changed, he tries to stay calm but his eyes express confusion. He studies me for a few minutes with his eyebrows furrowed. With the rapid breathing and confusion, he looks like he is about to go into shock, he can possibly pass out.

Oops, I don't need another unconscious body, I've had enough.

''Lillian, I can't believe my eyes.'' His pupils dilate when he looks at me.

He is astonished, and so am I. He pulls me into a tight hug.

He is not the same kid that I remember, he is different. He is a man now.

His previously brown hair became black. He is much taller than me, I realize it only when he hugs me because I have my eyes at his neck level. His bronzed skin glows with vigor. The hair is beautifully styled. The clothes he is wearing scream - high fashion.

''I thought you'd never guess who I am,'' I said, laughing a bit.

''I wouldn't recognize you if we met somewhere in the crowd,'' He answered, pointing to my hair.

''Yeah, I'm not brunette anymore.'' I let out a small sigh, recalling the events that led to this. ''I'm not even surprised that you opened a boutique,'' My voice was full of excitement.

He thought my words over.

''Well, fashion is big business these days, Lillian.'' A smile popped on his face.

''I want to know everything that happened with you during these last years.'' I can feel notes of interest in his voice.

I don't want to ruin the atmosphere with a story of my boring life and especially with recent events.

''You said something about suits, aren't you?'' I took another glass of champagne and looked at him with puppy eyes.

I hope it's enough for him to understand that I'm not comfortable with this conversation.

Jack giggles like that is the funniest thing he'd ever heard me say.

He runs his hand through his hair and says, ''Follow me, I'll show what I'm so proud of.''