Chapter fifteen

Playlist: You Know I'm No Good - Amy Winehouse

###

When I was a kid, I always wanted to be a vet doctor. It is a human trait to love little animals, especially if they're attractive in some way. As I walked on the street I saw a little one, who was badly hurt, my heart was in unbearable pain at that moment. He was either bitten by dogs or was beaten by people. This little happiness was laying on the road, suffering from pain, and no one could help him because they didn't want to waste their time. He was waiting for his torment to end and for God to take his soul home, where there's always warmth, comfort, and no evil. It was at that moment that a very little girl decided to become someone who could help these little helpless animals. I knew my dream would never come true because my parents wanted me to do a useful job and not to spend my whole life in vain. For those past few years, I have lived in the hopes of my dream becoming a happy reality, but it didn't happen.

Never have I imagined myself to be a murderer, even if it was by accident. Those thoughts have never even crossed my mind. But I had to kill them to protect myself and others from such situations. Not all victims can find a way to avoid being raped. Sometimes emotions take over you and you have to swim along with the flow, not knowing if you'll be washed ashore or you'll drown there. Some, after what happened can never come back to the life they had before, and they are forced to live in fear that it might happen again. They fear that things could happen again and they couldn't prevent it. I wanted a quiet life, a beloved work, and a husband with whom we would make a big, loving, happy family.

Now my fate is in the hands of a complete stranger. One phone call and my life would turn into a living hell.

We stepped out from the restroom and went down a long corridor, catching odd, even astonished looks of people on our way. The deity hasn't said a word to me since, just dragged me somewhere, holding my hand and typing something in his phone. His hand was very cold like he was holding it in icy water, but it didn't stop my hand from burning with his touch. My palm became wet and it made me uncomfortable. Only from time to time he'd squeeze my palm, as I realized trying not to let me go into a trance. We're completely engulfed in silence, but never in my life, the silence was so loud.

As we entered the main hall of the club, and the loud music stunned me, making me forget about everything that was on my mind. We went up to the second floor, the guard nodded quickly to my companion and let us into the VIP zone. Without asking any questions, I turned my head and saw that from here we had a view of the dance floor and the bar.

Who the hell is this man?

Finally, we got to the table and sat down, my legs a bit wobbly, and I almost fell on the couch rather than sat on it. A wave of relief sweeps over me when I realize that my companion didn't notice that. The fabric of the couch is very soft and pleasant. The design is very varied and is created by a person with an excessive taste. The curtains that separate the tables are also red but the edges are sewed with gold threads.

He looks pretty relaxed for a man who just saw a dead body. For a while, we just sat there, he was texting someone and I was waiting for one of us to say something. At the same time, a sense of volatility and unpredictability remained, leaving me alone with nothing but my thoughts.

A very familiar song came up "You Know I'm No Good" by Amy Winehouse. It made me think even more. When you murder someone, the ghost of this person is stuck with you, hunting your soul for the rest of your life. Now my bodycount has increased. And I can't run away from the truth. Running won't help, it'll hunt me down. However, if I could get through the moment I first took a man, nothing could stop me from doing it again.