Chapter 29

What a relief that they have seven members. What a relief that they have each other.

"Ugh..." A sound of groan croaked from the throat as Jungkook woke up begrudgingly. It felt as if he had been in a deep sleep for so long. Never had Jungkook felt so well rested and rejuvenated. And then, that was when he realized that he had slipped out of his headspace, a common sight after he had been comforted psychosomatically.

As he sat up on his bed and stretched his lazy limbs, his thoughts were brought back to the previous night. He'd remembered vividly that he went to sleep with someone and the said someone was no longer in bed with him. A momentary odd sense of awkwardness overwhelmed him, but he quickly shrugged it off.

He knew that he had a big talk ahead, not that he wished it could be put off indefinitely.

Jimin. A taboo subject previously, but he knew his little side had let go of those negative emotions harboured towards his hyung and fellow Little. It was time to face it.

*****

The originally muffled chattering got clearer as Jungkook approached the dining area. The hyungs paused their conversation collectively as they saw their maknae appearing, but they frowned as they observed Jungkook wearing his usual white oversized shirt and sweatpants. This did not look right, for they recalled the maknae wearing his favourite pyjamas last night and nobody had changed him this morning.

Oh.

"Good morning, hyung-deul."

Jungkook is Big now.

A sense of relief mixed in with dreadfulness washed through the members, for that meant that they had to talk, and like really, talk.

Jungkook took in the looks of his hyungs, "I know what you guys are thinking. I'm starving, so let's save it for later yeah? Jin-hyung, are you making toasts? Can I have some, please?"

"Uh... Oh yeah, sure. Go ahead, Jungkook-ah." Jin stuttered at being addressed by his dongsaeng unexpectedly.

Breakfast was consumed in silence, quiet and cautious but not awkward. When everyone was done and nothing more could be done to prolong the inevitable, Jungkook sat and waited patiently in their living room. One by one, the members filled in, each seated across their maknae. Jungkook sighed inwardly as he saw how his hyungs were walking on thin ice around him and it made him missed their goofy times with each other so much.

"I don't bite, you know?" A hint of sarcasm in his words as Jungkook muttered his displeasure that no one dared to sit near him. Someone coughed awkwardly and they shifted nearer to him, but still maintained their distance.

"So... About the, erm..." Never has Jungkook thought that there would come a day where it would be so difficult to talk to his hyungs. Luckily, Namjoon, the leader forever, broke the ice.

"Jungkook-ah, erm... I know this sounds silly, but, how do you feel now? Do you think you are up for a talk now? We don't want to push you if you are not ready. We can always wait for you." Namjoon spoke softly as he looked earnestly at his maknae.

Jungkook made no move to speak but nodded his head.

"Let me start off first, then." Jimin volunteered but he was cut off before he could even say another word.

"I know, Jiminie-hyung. I actually heard you, you know. The other night when you confessed." Jungkook explained as he watched Jimin's looks of confusion morphed into a state of horror and shock.