Chapter 14

All hell broke loose.

When Taehyung managed to get Little Jungkook tightly grasped in his hold, he struggled to stand up with the wailing Little in his arms. Jin offered to carry the boy but Taehyung dismissed it.

On wobbly legs, Taehyung made his way to the couch but before he could reach, he lost grip of the squirmy Little. Everything happened too fast after that.

Taehyung's hands had slipped from the Little's bottom, causing Little Jungkook to lose his balance. Unable to prevent the fall, Taehyung and his hyungs could only watch before their own eyes of Little Jungkook hitting his chin onto the floor.

The Little could only cry louder as Jin rushed to hug him. He kept stroking his back softly and murmuring "You are alright baby. The floor is being a meanie for giving our bunny a ouchie huh. Everything is fine now." Little Jungkook felt slightly better when he saw Jin hit the floor for hurting him but his cries did not subside at all.

The Little still felt shitty about the situation. He hated crying and he wanted his Yoonie hyungie even though his eldest hyungie was cooing him in such a soothing manner right now.

Frankly speaking, Little Jungkook doesn't know why he yearned for his Yoonie hyungie so much. Although he was still upset with his other hyungies, they had never taken any lesser care of him. It was probably the sense of security that he felt when he woke up to the eldest rapper beside him in the morning after the stressful ordeal on the previous night that caused him to slip.

Hoseok was hovering over him and inspecting his chin that was flushed red now. "I think there's definitely gonna be a bruise." The rapper looked worriedly at Jin before adding, "Kookie-ah, hyungie is going to take an ice pack to ease the pain yea? You will feel better and the ouchie can disappear faster. Okay?"

Little Jungkook just shook his head and buried his face into Jin's chest, all the while still sobbing. The elder tried not to grimace as he imagine the Little's snot and tears smudged over his expensive shirt. He needs to set his priorities right.

Namjoon took over Hoseok's position as the latter left for the kitchen. He patted the Little's head softly, "Jungkookie, don't cry. I know the ouchie is painful but it will get better soon. You are a big boy so you have to be brave."

The leader's words made Little Jungkook whined loudly and he pushed him away blindly.

"Hyung, do you even know how to console a person? He's just a kid now, suffering pain." Jimin said passive aggressively. He then turned to the Little, "Kookie. Bunny. Cry if you must but we have to treat your ouchie yea. Your Seokie hyungie will make the pain go away, wouldn't you want that?"

The Little just ignored the vocalist and continued sobbing into Jin's chest. Jin could only continue to stroke comforting touches on his back, while shaking his head at his dongsaeng. Meanwhile, Taehyung kept his distance. He felt guilty for he was the one that caused so much pain to the Little.

"Alright alright! The ice pack is here! Kookie-ah. Hyungie is going to make the ouchie go away okay? Come on, show me your little chin." Hoseok tried to pry the Little away from Jin's chest along with the help of the elder but was met with violent protest from the maknae.

"No! No touch Kookie! Hyungies only make Kookie hurt! Kookie don't like hyungies, Kookie want Yoonie hyungie!"

If only Little Jungkook knew how much pain his words had caused to his hyungs but his hyungs did not hold it against him. The Little was right after all. They had indeed hurt their bunny.

"Okay, okay. No ice pack. But Kookie must let us know if the ouchie doesn't go away okay? Jin tried to calm the Little down.

Little Jungkook did not answer but Jin felt the Little nodded his head in his chest briefly. He then stood up with the Little in his arms and sat down at the couch. The Little had stopped crying, reducing to soft sniffles. The members thought Little Jungkook had fallen asleep until they heard a growling sound. All attention was shifted to the Little as they observed the Little squirming and his ears had turned red like a tomato.