Chapter 19

That's right. The hyungs are going to take good care of their maknae.

"So..." Hobeom looked around as he surveyed the boys. "Supposedly Jungkookie is a baby now, do any of you know how to handle him?"

The boys looked at each other before bringing their attention to their managers and shook their heads.

Examining the makeshift diaper on the baby, Hobeom could not deny the fact that he was impressed with the boys' creativity. "Nice job there on the diaper. But, moving forward, how are you boys going to cope? It ain't easy trying to handle a baby, you know?"

"Hobeom is right. You guys are barely adults yourself. How do we trust you guys to take care of Jungkookie? I think it is best if we let the bosses know and let them decide how to manage this situation."

"Sejin-hyung! Please, don't tell Bang PD-nim! He will take Jungkookie away from us. We are the only trusted hyungs that he has!" Taehyung pleaded out of desperation after hearing what his manager had said.

However, Sejin shook his head. "There is no way I am not going to tell the bosses about this. Furthermore, how are you guys expecting us to trust you bunch of kids to take care of Jungkookie when we still have to drag you guys out of bed every single time, monitor your diet to make sure that you guys don't eat junk food, if not force you guys to sleep early? You guys can barely take care of yourself!"

The members were slightly panicking now and as Namjoon tried to compose himself to organise his thoughts before speaking up, Jin was a step ahead of him.

"Hyung. Yes, you may have doubts on us in taking care of ourselves, but I think there is one thing that you can be rest assured of. We love Jungkookie as our own little brother and we will never let any mishap falls upon him. We will take real good care of him. Please, you have to trust us on this."

The members chorused what Jin had said, while nodding their heads earnestly with tints of determination edged in their eyes.

Looking at how the boys give their own promise of assurances and emphasised their capability in taking care of their maknae, Sejin relented. "Alright, fine. We will not tell the bosses. But, you guys will be under close monitoring by us. We will be checking on you guys regularly, just to make sure you guys have not killed Jungkookie yet."

The members' thunderous cheers were suddenly interrupted by a shush from Yoongi. "Yah! Lower down your voice volume!"

The boys did not understand until they shifted their attention to the whimpering baby in the eldest rapper's arms. Baby Jungkook had his eyes shut tightly, nose scrunched up, grabby hands hovering over his ears and his pacifier was evidently bobbing up and down rapidly. The poor baby must have been terrified by the sudden loud cheers from his hyungs.

"It's okay, baby. Hyungs are just excited and relieved to be able to keep you with us. We will take good care of you, okay? I promise." Yoongi spoke softly as he coaxed the baby to remove his hands from his ears. There was a fond look on his face, a rare sight that the members had never seen before.

That's right. The hyungs are going to take good care of their maknae.

*******

On the next morning, all the boys were awakened by the early visit from their manager. Slowly, they emerged from their rooms with their heads sporting a bird-nest hairstyle, eyes barely opened and walking like zombies. Hobeom shook his head at the sight of the boys but proceeded to usher them into the recreational lounge.

The manager had turned up excitedly with bags full of supplies for the baby as requested by the boys. They were essentially milk powder, milk bottle, adult diapers, diaper cream, baby wipes and changing pad, since the other things that Jungkook used when he was Little could still be used. Hobeom also brought along piles of parenting books, insisting that it was critical for the boys to gain some basic knowledge about raising a baby.