Chapter 27

It pained the members to see their maknae struggling to stay big. They could see Jungkook's strong front cracked, solid walls built around his heart crumbled and totally broke down. The sight was so heart wrenching.

*Note: This is going to be dialogue heavy.

Déjà vu.

To say that Jin was dreading this moment would be the understatement of the millennium.

Silence ensued in the van as the members were transported back to their apartment. They failed to catch up with Jungkook when the latter burst through the dance studio door before any of them could react. Neither of the members knew what to think of the situation, except they had to find their maknae and rectify the matter. It was with much difficulties that they had managed to engage their maknae to be comfortable enough to mingle with them while in his headspace, and they are definitely not going to let their efforts go down the drain.

Sejin and Hobeom seemed to know the unspoken tension had to do with the youngest member and they knew better than to interfere, though a soft "settle this soon" was sent the members' ways. Once inside their apartment, the members did not scatter to their rooms nor fight for the bathroom like they usually do. Instead, they opted to sit around in the big living room and stared at anywhere except each other.

No one said anything. No one moved an inch.

The silence was too suffocating, which eventually led to Namjoon breaking the ice.

"So..."

All members snapped their heads towards the direction of the voice, looking at their leader expectantly, inwardly praying their Namjoon could shed some light on what they should be doing next, for all of them were like lost souls.

"Sejin-hyung and Hobeom-hyung are trying to get in touch with Jungkookie, but there is no news yet. I think... We have to organise our thoughts first and think things through on how we should approach him once he comes back... That is, if he ever comes back."

"He will come back." Yoongi looked at his dongsaeng solemnly, determination evident in his eyes.

"Well, guys. There is something that I have to confess," Jimin's voice was barely above whisper. "The reason everything went downhill with Jungkook was because of me. I was the one that—"

"Jimin-ah, we know. You've already told us once. You were the one that played with his stuff on the night we came home to him scuffling you on the floor. And also, we..."

Jimin looked towards his roommate, tilt his head in curiosity.

"Well, that night..."

"That night?"

"Erm... We heard what you told Jungkookie. We knew how you felt all these while and the probable reason of how you behaved whenever both you and Jungkookie are Little." Taehyung looked at his friend intently with no malice in his sentence.

"Well... Then... I..." Jimin looked down at his hands in shame, fiddling them about, unaware of how to continue his words.

"Jimin-ah. Hey, can you look at me?"

Jimin peeked his eyes from under his fringe and hummed softly.

"If you think that any of these is your fault, then I am so going over to your side and smack the hell out of you. Don't you ever belittle yourself, okay? All of us are in this together. If you think that you have mistreated Jungkookie, then imagine how the rest of us think. You were Little when these things happened. If anything, the rest of us are at fault."