Chapter 21

Just a normal morning with the baby...

Next day...

Jimin woke up with an unexplainable weight on his stomach, light taps thumped repeatedly on his chest. His eyes fluttered open, only to find baby Jungkook sitting on top of him, with legs on each side of his body, his signature bunny grin brightly displayed and messy bed hair sticking out in all directions that matched his slightly puffy eyes and flushed cheeks.

"Oomf!" Jimin heaved out as the baby started bouncing on his stomach.

"Chimmy! Chimmy!" The baby squealed as he saw Jimin starting to stir awake.

"Kookie?" Jimin tested, as he could not believe that the baby on top of him now had just addressed him by his Little name.

"Chimmy?" The baby stopped bouncing, tilted his head to the left and stared questionably down at his hyung.

"Kookie?"

"Chimmy?"

"Kookie?"

"Chimmy?"

"Aigoo~ My bunny Kookie!" Jimin sat up straight, causing the baby to lose his balance and tumbled backwards but the dancer was agile and quickly wrapped his arms around the baby's waist to pull him into a hug.

Soft giggles escaped the baby as he found the situation amusing. Baby Jungkook raised both of his hands to cup the slightly swollen cheeks of Jimin and squished it as though he was kneading a dough, effectively causing an overexerted pout to form on his hyung's face. The baby laughed even louder when he saw the sight and lurched forward to give his hyung a tight hug.

Jimin was taken aback by the baby's action but he welcomed it wholeheartedly. He really missed this so much.

None of them made a move, just hugging each other, basking in the warmth radiated from their bodies. Jimin started rocking his body along with the baby, humming a melody softly into the baby's ears. Everything was so serene and peaceful... until—

"Yah, Kim Namjoon! What did you do to my bread toaster?!"

"Nothing, hyung! I swear I did nothing! I followed what YouTube said!"

"Yeah right, you dumbass! Since when does YouTube teach you to put in four slices of bread into the slots that were obviously meant for two? And worse, you even spread it with butter!"

"Hyung, please! I swear it was YouTu—"

Jimin groaned internally as he tuned out the chaos that is happening in the kitchen right now and took that as a cue to get out of bed to start the day. However, the baby in his arms apparently did not share the same thoughts as him.

"No~" Baby Jungkook whined and held onto Jimin even tighter.

"Kookie, we have to get out of bed now. It is time to eat breakfast." Jimin spoke softly, subtly trying to pry the baby from him. "Don't you want to drink your milk? I am sure Jinnie-hyungie has it all ready for you."

Jimin smiled fondly when he saw baby Jungkook shaking his head and trying to tuck his head back into the crook of the elder's neck.

"How about Kookie let Chimmy wash up first while you play with your stuffie? Chimmy is hungry and he needs to eat so that he can have the energy to play with Kookie today."

The baby's eyes lit up almost instantly at the word mention of play, and he quickly nodded his head. "Chimmy, wash. Play, Kookie!"

Jimin frowned slightly as he listened to the baby's incoherent speech. He thought his maknae had fallen back into his usual headspace given that he was able to address him by his Little name, but perhaps not.