Chapter 9

It was the washing machine's fault. Yeap, definitely.

It was difficult for Jungkook to ignore the constant glances that his hyungs had been throwing at him. He had no doubts that his hyungs were talking about him, or even worse, plotting against him.

This wasn't something new. What's different was that his hyungs had stopped making advances on him. A selfish part of him had been basking in the attention that all his hyungs was giving him and now that they have stopped approaching him, Jungkook started panicking internally. Was he playing too hard to get? Should he relent and respond to their antics?

Apparently, Jungkook's worries were unwarranted.

The hyungs had been deliberating on executing their plans. No one dared to make a move. They were too conscious of how Jungkook might react and none of them wanted to get on the bad side of their maknae.

Things had been unmoving in the house until Hoseok decided that he had enough. Heck, he was prepared to be the human sacrifice.

*******

Jungkook is trying. He is really trying. He is really trying very hard but his hyungs aren't helping at all. Jungkook knew that he was fighting a lost battle, for his hyungs held the strongest ammunitions against him.

As a result of Yoongi's extensive research, the hyungs crafted out their fool-proof plans, or so they believe.

While Jungkook did not resist, he also did not (actively) participate with what his hyungs had planned for him, emphasise actively. He just allowed his hyungs to manhandle him.

Plan A - Baby talk

"Aigoo~ Isn't that our baby Kookie still lazing in bed?" Hoseok flopped himself down onto Jungkook's bed and snuggled up to the maknae.

"Rise and shine baby~ The sun is glowering over you now. You need to start your day, bunny."

Jungkook whined and kicked his hyung off the bed.

"Oh my god. Our Jungkookie is gonna take his shower? Do you want to take bubble bath with hyungie? Our baby needs someone to scrub his back, don't he?"

Hoseok would be dumb if the slam of the bathroom's door did not indicate to him that his maknae had outright rejected him.

"Baby~ It's such a nice weather today. Do you want to go to the departmental store with hyungie? You love shopping, don't you? Hyungie can put you in the trolley and push you around, would you like that?"

"No."

"Wow. Our Jungkookie has prepared breakfast for himself? What a clever boy." Hoseok said while ruffling Jungkook's hair.

"Hyung! Can't you speak properly? I am not a baby!" Jungkook spat before making his way into his room, with a bowl of cereal in his hand.

Mission failed.

Plan B - Watch a movie or show of the Little's choice

"Jungkookie~ Come watch a movie with me. Shall we watch... How to Train Your Dragon? The Secret Life of Pets 2? Toy Story 4? Dumbo? All these are new releases for this year." Jimin offered.

Silence.

"How about TV shows then? Paw Patrol? SpongBob SquarePants? We Bare Bears? Tom and Jerry?"

"Hyung. Whatever you have offered are all for kids. You can go ahead and watch it if you want. I'm not watching it." Jungkook snorted and walked off.