Chapter 20

Jimin spills the beans, leaving the baby and his hyungs thinking...

Silence.

Awkward.

Oh damn, why do I feel déjà vu about this whole situation? Jin could not help it but thought this way as he scanned across the living room. After a tiring day of learning the ropes from their enthusiastic manager, the members gathered in the living room and slumped in their seats respectively. Damn, they were dead beat, but they had to address the elephant in the room – Baby Jungkook. Taehyung, on the other hand, was playing mindlessly with the baby, oblivious to the immense tension in the air.

"Well, things have been going well with Jungkookie. We are getting the hang of things, which is great!" The leader was laughing nervously though, which was in contradiction to his words.

"Okay, so then why are we gathered here?" Jimin raised his question unconfidently. "Oh wait! Did someone find out about it?!"

Almost immediately, everyone's eyes shot up and stared at their leader worriedly.

Namjoon shook his head profusely. "No, no, no. Nobody found out anything. It's just that... Uh..."

"Oh, come on. Just spill it already and spare us the suspense." Yoongi snapped irritatingly.

Namjoon took a deep breath and heave out a sigh of desperation. "Our final concert is just about three weeks away and we haven't been practicing enough." The leader diverted his glance to the gargling baby squirming and responding to the weird antics that Taehyung was doing.

Realisation struck the members and they come to realize the severity of the situation.

"If Jungkookie remained in his headspace indefinitely, there is no way that we avoid informing the bosses. This is going to jeopardise all the concert plans." Hoseok said solemnly.

Jimin sat up straight and looked at his leader, "We are not going to force him out of his headspace, are we?" Jimin knew how mentally exhausting it was, given that he had done it himself a few times and he definitely do not want his maknae to experience it at all.

Namjoon shrugged his shoulders. "Sooner or later, we will have no choice but to do it."

Sounds of protests were raised from all directions and the leader shushed them.

"We don't have to do it now but, perhaps we could try to slowly ease him out of baby space at the very least?" Namjoon looked at his eldest hyung for support, knowing that Jin is the most rational member of them all.

Jin was deep in his thoughts and did not say anything until Namjoon nudged him at his knee cap.

"What? Oh, oh. Well, I guess that is a good start. Furthermore, it would have been easier for us to communicate with Jungkookie. There is no rush to pull him out of his headspace entirely but maybe, just try to get him to talk?"

Right then, the baby seems to notice that all attention was on him and he turned his head around that was previously buried in Taehyung's chest. He gave his bunny grin, which immediately melted the members' hearts. Then, the baby made an unexpected move.

He tried to squirm out of Taehyung's arms and reluctantly, the baby was placed on the floor.

The members watched on nervously as the baby started crawling. Currently, Jungkook has the balance of a baby and hence, when he lifted his left hand to stretch forward, his entire body landed on the carpeted floor. Everyone was anticipating a cry but no, the baby pulled himself up and tried to move forward again.