Chapter 10

The God of Destruction definitely live up to his name.

The atmosphere in the living room was tensed. All the members were on edge and nobody dared make a single noise or move. They just came back from their pre-concert press conference and to be honest, it didn't go well at all.

Ever since the night where Jungkook had almost slipped, the youngest closed up on himself again. He avoided his hyungs at all cost, even to the extent of sleeping over in his Golden Closet studio. The members rarely saw him.

Not only that, the maknae had been snapping at everyone each time when someone asked about his well-being or attempted to strike a conversation with him. Jungkook was unnecessarily rude to his hyungs as well, even the managers and make-up stylists weren't spared from it.

The members knew that Jungkook was struggling. Many times, they had caught glimpse of Little Jungkook but Big Jungkook was denying his existence. They were worried sick for the maknae because they knew that Jungkook is prone to breaking down whenever he could not handle the stress himself. Back then, he could always slip into Little space to distress but right now, he was denying himself that very thing that could break him away from the emotional pain.

Recalling to what happened earlier at the pre-concert press conference, Namjoon was pissed.

Since the theme of their final concert was Love Yourself: Speak Yourself, the media had asked Jungkook how he felt about loving himself and if he could share his thoughts. Another reporter also asked the maknae if his hyungs had played a part in his self-discovery to loving and speaking for himself but Jungkook had dodged all of them. He gave patronising answers and was hesitant to cite specific examples. He put on his famous bunny smile, but it never reached his eyes. These reactions drew a few curious looks from the media and Namjoon wasn't pleased at all.

As the leader, Namjoon held himself responsible to ensure that the group does not have negative media coverage but with such responses from Jungkook, it was not difficult for people to make imaginative guesses.

So, when they reached home that evening, all hell broke loose.

"Jungkook-ah, it has been so long since you have last slipped. You know, I know and every one of us know that this is affecting you in a negative way. This is not doing any of us good at all. The concert is barely five weeks away and we cannot afford to have you in such a bad shape. Do you want ARMYs to see this side of you? What kind of message are you sending across to the fans and the public? This is not going to reflect good on us at al—"

"Hyung!" Jimin and Taehyung shushed their leader immediately.

By the time Namjoon realised that what he had said was worded entirely different from what he had intended to say, it was too late. "Oh my god. I'm sorry Kook. That came out wrong. I didn't mean—."

"So, this is what you really think? You are just concerned of what the fans and public will think? You are just concerned that I will be portraying a negative image for our group?"

"No. Kook-ah, that's not what I meant. Liste—"

"All this while, I thought you guys were genuinely concerned about me. I thought you guys wanted me back for who I am. But, this—" Jungkook can't help but started sobbing badly.

"Jungkook ah, please. Let me explain. What I said had totally come out the wrong way. Of course, I am worried about you. We all are." Namjoon pleaded.

But Jungkook wasn't buying it. "No, you are only worried because you are scared that the public will get to know about our internal conflicts and not because you are concerned about me!"