Chapter 27

It was Founder's Day. Maddie got ready for the day. After taking a shower, she browsed her closet for a outfit. She changed into a purple dress with brown boots and a leather jacket. She then did her hair.

Once she finished getting ready, Maddie made her way downstairs

Once she finished getting ready, Maddie made her way downstairs. She smelled breakfast being made. When she walked into the kitchen, she saw her dad making it. "What are you making?" Maddie asked.

"Cinnamon French toast with scrambled eggs." Stefan answered.

"Mmm. My favorite." Maddie said.

"I know." Stefan said.

"I'm glad to have the old you back." Maddie said.

"Me too." Stefan agreed.

Maddie made coffee for the two of them and set the two cups on the table just as her father set the food down. The two sat down and ate breakfast.

"Are you going to tell Elena about John being her biological father?" Maddie asked.

"I have to." Stefan replied. "I don't see him telling her." Maddie nodded.

Stefan quickly ate and went to go get ready for the parade. "How do I look?" He asked, coming down moments later.

Maddie went over to him and fixed his shirt collar and tie.

"Very handsome." She responded. "Wow. It's been a very long time seeing you in this outfit."

"I know." Stefan said. "Thank you."

"You're welcome." Maddie said. "I'll see you at the parade." Stefan said.

"Alright." Maddie said. "See you then." Stefan walked out of the house. "Damon, are you ready to go?" Maddie asked as she finished eating and cleared the dishes.

"Yes. Let's go." Damon said, making his way downstairs. The two headed towards town.

When Maddie arrived, she saw her dad talking with Elena. Probably telling her about John. She saw Jeremy and went over to him. "Hey Jer." Maddie greeted.

"Hey!" Jeremy said.

"You look great." Maddie said. "Are you in the parade?"

"I am." Jeremy answered. "Mr. Saltzman asked some of us to recreate the Battle of Willowcreek."

"That's cool." Maddie said.

"So, where've you been?" Jeremy asked. "I have seen you around lately."

"There was a lot going on with my family." Maddie explained. "But, everything's good now."

"Yeah. It's been a little crazy with me too." Jeremy said.

"What do you mean?" Maddie asked.

"Well, my sister told me that she's adopted." Jeremy answered. "And the other day, I was kidnapped by these strangers."