Chapter 28

The next morning, Maddie was at the hospital with her father and Elena. They were there to talk to John.
Maddie waited outside John's hospital room while Elena and Stefan were in the room. She didn't pay attention to the conversation.

After a little bit, Elena stormed out, but Stefan stayed in the room a moment longer.

"You may be okay with dying but I have a better plan for you." Stefan said. "You now have my blood in your system. All I have to do is kill you. So, take my advice. Leave town because Elena doesn't want you here. You have 24 hours before the blood leaves your system. That's enough time to disappear. And if you ever hurt my daughter again, so help me God, I will turn you into a vampire and I will watch you hate yourself more than you already do."

Stefan then walked out of the room. Maddie followed him out of the hospital and met up with Elena.

"What did you say to him?" Elena asked.

"I just asked him to leave town." Stefan replied.

"You threatened him, didn't you." Elena said.

"I know he's your father, Elena, but I'm not going to apologize for threatening him." Stefan said. "He made it personal when he hurt Madeline."

"No, I'm glad you threatened him." Elena said. "I don't want him around."

"So what now?" Maddie asked.

"Now, I need to go find Damon." Stefan replied.

"Please don't fight with him, Stefan." Elena said.

"No Elena, he tried to kiss you." Stefan said. "I'm not okay with that."

"That's not the problem, Katherine is." Elena said. "She's already messing with Damon's head and he is not stable when it comes to her. The last thing we need is to make things worse."

"You're right." Stefan said. "We'll meet you at the Lockwood Mansion."

"Alright." Elena said. "I'll see you guys there."

Maddie got in her father's car and drove to the Lockwood Mansion. "So, Katherine's here?" She asked.

"Yeah." Stefan said. "She pretended to be Elena last night."

"And uncle Damon kissed her?" Maddie asked.

"Yes." Stefan said. "Stick close to me today."

Any other time, Maddie would of said something about him treating her like a child, but after last night she didn't want to be away from her father, so she didn't argue.

When they arrived at the Lockwood Mansion, the two got out of the car and walked up to the entrance.

"Hey guys." Tyler greeted.

"Hello Tyler." Stefan said.

"We're sorry to hear about your father." Maddie added.

"Thank you." Tyler said. "Come on in." The two Salvatore's walked inside.

As they walked around, they notice a set of double doors open on their own. They saw Bonnie being choked by who looked to be Elena, but they knew it was Katherine.

"Katherine." Stefan said.

"Stefan." Katherine said. "And Madeline."

"Leave her go." Stefan said.

"Fine." Katherine said, letting go of Bonnie and walking past them.

"What are you doing here?" Stefan asked as the two followed her.