53: Virtutem Ignis✔️

"It goes, all my troubles on a burning pile
All lit up and I start to smile
If I, catch fire then I change my aim
Throw my troubles at the pearly gates"

-  Mother Mother in 'Burning Pile'

Castiel Morningstar's life was never meant to be normal; who she was, who surrounded her, her power, her Fate. Nothing connected to her would make sense to a simple human mind. Her mission was far too great, the Virtutem Ignis was far too great.

Virtutem meaning Power.

Ignis meaning Fire.

The power of fire.

In the 1500's, Luís Vaz de Camões,  an old poet, a national hero to the country of Portugal, wrote a poem that started like this:

"Amor é fogo que arde sem se ver"

"Love is a fire that burns unseen"

I want you to think about this.

Or not.

I can't really force you to do shit through a screen.

I can, however, provide you a closure to this story.

So let's get this over with, shall we?

Words will never be enough to describe what happened next. It was pure world damnation. It was impossible for any living creature to survive the bomb that Castiel Morningstar was.

So, do the math, no one survived to tell the story, not even Castiel herself, the power exuding from her was far too great for her fragile mind and body to handle. She simply ceased to exist.

Just kidding.

But it was a situation that almost happened.

While the ground started shaking, breaking into heart wrenching earthquakes, breaking the grass and rocks in multiple fractures, while the tornados cut through the air taking everything they could see with them, a cold yet brute whisk of wind swallowing whole houses, buildings, people. While the skies fought over sun and clouds, darkness against light. While the world was seconds away from shattering and being destroyed and burned to ashes, Castiel Morningstar stood exuding energy out of her like a motherfucking hurricane, still holding her brother's hand.

She was tired of it all, she wanted everything to end. Her pain was far too great to describe. Her best friend, her partner in crime, in life, through Hell and back, literally, was dead... cold. His body and flesh hanging and twisting in ways no corpse should ever do. It was too much to bare. So, for the first time, and probably the last, she let it all out. Her frustrations, her sadness, her fears, her responsibilities; everything that she had bottled for the last almost 18 years of existence, finally surfaced and tipped over the brim of the bottle and spilled everywhere, once again, literally. There wasn't a single thing that wasn't feeling her rampage in this world.

You see I didn't exactly lie earlier, the power was indeed too much for her to handle by herself. It would, in a matter of minutes, drain and lick every single drop of life that she had left.

Castiel Morningstar was going to die.

She was going to leave this world and any other possible world forever, there was no place in Hell or Heaven for her, she would simply become a memory, a memory of the girl who destroyed the world. Just like other divine creatures, Rodrick, take Him as an example, Castiel would not be a soul anymore. She would become possibly just a speck of dust, and to say that would be an exaggeration, a hopeful one, if she were to become a speck of dust, Jason Silva would surely slaughter everyone who tried to touch it, keep it, mourn it, he would slice the Devil Himself if needed to keep the little atom of his beloved. But that would most likely not be the case.