36: Castiel ✔️

"I'm hoping that you'll keep your heart open

I'll keep mine open too

If you don't ask, I won't tell

Just know that, just know that

It all hurts, it all hurts just the same"

- The Neighbourhood in 'Prey'

Sam, Uriel and I left immediately, none of them asked anything, just kept quiet and followed my orders which made the trip back home rather silent and awkward. The tension was palpable inside the car, both of them had questions but knew that it was for the best if they didn't ask them, and I was thankful for it.

During the car ride I had a wave of emotions and decisions parading in my head before making me think what my next move should be. Should I go to his house? To school? And then what, cry and hope for him to take me back?  I decided then to text Aramazd to help me. We agreed that it was best if I went home first, took a shower and accommodated Samuel in his new temporary house. Having Sam as my responsibility has actually become a great distraction, he's innocent and doesn't deserve to be involved in any more problems or drama and that thought had me motivated to not make any rash decisions no matter how much I wanted to burn both Melinda and Jason alive.

Pulling into my driveway I turned down the radio that was currently playing "Death in My Pocket" by Machine Gun Kelly, a song that I'm sure that fate was playing to provoke me even more with the relatable lyrics in my situation, I mean I've never heard it playing on the radio before so why now? I snapped out of my thoughts and got out alongside with my bag. Hearing two loud thuds in response I knew that both Uriel and Sam had exited as well. Inserting the key and opening the door I let them enter before me, closing the door behind me softly.

"This is it, welcome to my house." I said softly smiling at them weakly. "Come on follow me, I'll get someone to help you with your stuff." I continued before walking further into the mansion. After showing each of them their rooms I excused myself to take a shower and texted Aramazd to come over.

I undressed and stood in front of mirror in the bathroom, simply staring and letting my mind fly to wherever it wanted so that I could wash the thoughts away with the warm water. I looked the same as the last time that I looked at myself, except for the obvious red eyes from crying. Taking a deep breath I furrowed my eyebrows and reminded myself who I was. I'm Castiel Morningstar, daughter of Lucifer and Charmeine Morningstar, daughter of the Devil and God's sister, holder of Virtutem Ignis, I'm the Angel on Fire. My eyes starting burning with a glowing orange color as a goosebumps spread all over my body. I refuse to shed any more tears over a boy. I'm more worthy than this, we will talk as adults and come to an agreement. No matter how painful the outcome can be. I stepped into the shower and washed my exhaustion away.

Once I was dried and dressed I decided to head downstairs to address the commotion that was unraveling there. Maria stood in all of her short height with a wooden spoon while scolding Uriel who stood tall as ever rubbing his hand in pain while Sam was laughing away and Aramazd just stood there as confused.

"Castiel my sweet angel! You are back! And brought this brute that you call a cousin with you!" She said rushing to give me a hug while glaring at Uriel who was trying to control his amusement towards the tiny woman. Their height difference was comical, Maria was terribly short and Uriel terrifyingly huge, hence why she only managed to hit His hand with the spoon I presumed.

"What's going in here?" I asked with a genuine smile, I missed this.

"I was greeting all of our guests as a good head maid that I am, when this tall brick with wings decided to pick me up  and spin me around as if I was a child. You brute I held you when you were a child!" She started spitting out with incredulity and embarrassment lacing her voice.