34: Castiel ✔️

"We're heading deep inside lives a voice, a voice so quiet
But I can't hear that voice when your heart beats next to mineI can't quit you, I can't quit you
I can't quit you, I can't quit youYeah, I'm gonna regret it"

- Cashmere Cat ft Ariana Grande in Quit

Several hours later, Samuel finally opened his dark hazel eyes, he looked confused at first, his vision most likely still blurry due to being out like a light for so long, when he finally saw me and the giant besides me he seemed to go back to his senses as his eyes widened and his face became slightly paler.

"P-Please don't hurt-t me!" He stuttered while moving backwards against the wall of the hotel room.

While he was, well, gone, Uriel carried him to my hotel room where we stayed while waiting for Sam to wake up. Uriel and I cached up a little bit He told me about His life in Heaven and I told Him a little bit more about Jason, midway thorough our conversation an incredible spark of pain spread through me, I hunched over my lap but as soon as I felt it, it was gone. What the hell was that? I had no idea. Uriel helped me getting back at my own two feet and made sure that I was okay and then we heard Sam shuffling around meaning that he was about to wake up.

"We are here to protect you Sam, Nero told me about you two." I said gently trying to sooth his worries away so that he could help us faster.

"I'm Castiel, Nero's sister as I told you before. Now, Sam we really need your help." I kept going while crouching in front of him waiting for him to say something.

"Is he...is Nero okay?" He finally replied after a few moments of silence

I took a deep breath, is Nero okay? Should I tell him the truth or smooth him out? I looked at Uriel asking for advice with my eyes to which He replied with a sigh of His own before nodding His head slightly.

"Sam I'm going to be honest with you. I don't know how Nero is doing. All I know is that my brother is working with the enemy and begged me beforehand to protect you, he knew something big was coming, and I'm hoping that you could give us some answers."

He looked suspiciously back at Uriel, I don't judge him, if I passed out and woke up with two strangers interrogating me about my lover I would be suspicious of everyone as well, specially if one of those strangers was almost 7 feet tall.

"And who might you be?" Sam asked staring Uriel down.

"My name is Uriel, I'm the cousin." Uriel said rather awkwardly flickering His gaze between me and Samuel.

Sam looked relieved, why was he being so weird and hostile with Uriel? Suddenly realization came down on him.

"The Archangel!" He blurted

"Yes, that would be me." Uriel replied still wary of Sam.

"Sam, has Nero talked with you recently?" I asked him breaking him out of his amazement.

And his expression fell, his eyes turned sad, a frown taking over his face. He shook his head sideways signaling 'no'.

"Last time we spoke, he told me that he would be gone for a few days and that I should stay as far away from him as possible."

Like brother, like sister I see. At least Nero had the balls to tell him gently instead of completely breaking Sam's heart with a rushed break up, not that I had much of a choice.

"That was weeks ago." He looked completely heartbroken and betrayed.

"Did he tell you why he was going away?" I asked giving him a small comforting smile.