35: Jason✔️

"I don't do fake love,

but I'll take some from you tonight."

Machine Gun Kelly in 'Bloody Valentine'

"Are you out of your mind or have you lost your head?!" Axel yelled at me, his face red with anger and his eyes wide as if he couldn't believe what was happening.

"I vote both!" Ethan said raising his hand, a spoon full of ice cream hanging from his mouth.

"It's the most sensible thing to do. I have a Kingdom to take care of." I replied curtly.

"Yeah, and you also have a mate that cares for you. How can you do this to Castiel?!" Isabella screamed while hitting her hand on the kitchen aisle, a loud noise resonating through the kitchen.

William quickly pulled her in his arms trying to calm her down, his actions making my blood boil with jealousy, why can't I hold my mate in my arms? And everything came back in flashes in my head, a now familiar aching in my chest returning.

"She does not care for me. I don't wanna hear any of you mentioning her name again."

"But Ja-"

"It's an order!" I raised my voice silencing all of them.

A moment of silence followed, their heads hanging low while staring at the ground.

That was until Elijah interrupted it.

"But like, why Melinda? Didn't she like...rape you?" He asked almost afraid of saying the words.

"We talked about it, she didn't do it, she just made me believe so. Yes, she drugged me and yes she fooled me but she explained her reasons, which are, may I add, none of your business. Give her a try she's actually a really nice girl, a great warrior as well, she fits perfectly the role as my Luna." I clarified with a soft forced smile.

"Are you even listening to yourself right now? She played you like a toy and even used drugs on you! Drugs! How the hell is a girl like that fit to be Queen?" Isabella kept going while Will held her back.

"It's all in the past. You can't hold grudges forever, everyone makes mistakes, besides I know her motives." I insisted.

"I'm sorry bro but this isn't you talking. Are you on something? Did she give you any 'magical' white powder or-"

"I'm perfectly fine William. Thank you for your concern you are a great friend. Now excuse me but I have to meet up with my soon to be Luna." I said while patting Will's shoulder while passing by them to get to the door that exited the kitchen.

"What do your parents think about all of this? They like Castiel a lot, hell even Madison loves her. Everyone does!" Isabella asked one last time and I snapped.

I picked a chair from under the table and smashed it right next to where they were sitting.

"I ORDERED YOU TO NOT TALK ABOUT HER!" Basil had taken over me, my eyes changing their color to a darker shade. A loud growl following my voice. I was shaking with anger and it took me a while to get a hold of myself.

All of them stood up and took a defensive stance, expecting my next move. Their faces blank but their eyes showed sadness, disappointment and rage. I scoffed at them before forcing a smirk and leaving the kitchen but not missing what Axel whispered when I put my hand on the handle of the door.

"You are making a huge mistake." Which I shrugged off while making my way upstairs to my private office.

After my coronation, a lot of responsibilities came and so did paperwork, my father had already a room ready for me to take over as my own office and at the time I didn't give it much importance, now I thank him more and more for granting me with this space that organizes my life in more ways than I could count.

Twisting the golden handle I opened the door and looked at Melinda who was sitting on the couch while nibbling on her fingernails, her red hair all over the place, as soon as she heard me coming in, she stood up ad walked towards me.

"Did they buy it?" She asked anxiously, her eyes flickering between my face and the door behind me. I quickly closed it and nodded back at her while taking a deep breath.

"They most likely hate me right now. I went a little overboard with the asshole act." I said trying to form a small smile, but I was too worn out to do it. Who knew that lying to your friends could be this hard.

"I'm so sorry for putting you through this. This is a terrible idea you don't deserve to deal with my shit, fuck we just made amends and I'm already hurti-"

"Hey! Hey... Calm down okay? It's not your fault, it was my idea and you don't deserve the shit that Tiffany is putting you through either." I said trying to calm her down, holding her face in between my hands looking at her in her eyes.

"Come here." I said while pulling her in my arms into a hug.

"I've missed you, you know?" She mumbled against my chest, while I felt her tears soaking my shirt.

"I've missed you Mel." I said patting her head gently.

She quickly pulled away, wiping her tears and straightening herself up again, shifting to business mode.

"The Goddess is bound to come in 12 days, which means we have 12 days to come up with a solid plan to have Tiffany to stop her from hurting Castiel and to stop Elder Clarence from doing whatever the hell he's up to." She said

I nodded back.

"We will announce you as my Luna today at school, right in front of Tiffany. Hurt her from the inside, she will for sure come to you and then we strike." I continued.

"At school? What if Castiel comes meanwhile? You will be hurting her as well." Mel said concerned.

"It's a small price to pay for her protection. No harms are to come to my mate." I replied in a sober tone.

Mel sighed and rubbed her eyes tiredly before turning to me with a serious expression.

"Jason you are hurt. I know that, you know that, she knows that. But this isn't how you are supposed to take care of things, not hurting her back like this. You are better than this, come on."

I avoided her eyes before replying.

"You are reading too much into this. The school is the perfect place, lots of young pack members who won't dare to speak up about it, and it'll catch Tiffany off guard. She thinks that she's the queen of that whole place so being exposed to us like this will enrage her even more." I clarified trying to make it sound as logical as possible.

She shook her head.

"You are making a huge mistake." She mumbled while sitting down on the couch once again, her legs spread out as she leaned back looking at the ceiling.

I sat down next to her mimicking her pose before replying.

"So I've been told."

A/N: EXTREMELY SHORT CHAPTER i'm sorry. But at least you have some answers hehe, next chapter will be...interesting...to say at least. You won't even know what hit you muahahahahahah!

Also I'm sorry for the late chapter, I've been really busy studying for my exams (July 14th wish me luckkkkkk)

How are you all doing today? Rate your day from 1-10 (10 being the best) I wanna know ab y'all ((((: