46: Nero ✔️

It was a sunny day, the sky was clear and bright, it was a nice time to be alive. I swear I was just going on a stroll, to check the new views and make sure everything was okay, there was an unsettling feeling inside of me, the world was calling me, the birds were chirping quietly minding their own business but they sang so softly so hypnotically, I just knew I had to follow them.

And that was the first time I saw him.

Sitting down on the ground resting against a tree, a police uniform cladding his fit form as he closed his eyes in exhaustion. He looked so peaceful, completely at home in the middle of the park, blending perfectly with the nature around him, pure harmony.

I just knew.

He was my soulmate.

But there was a problem.

He couldn't see me.

How cruel is that? Being blessed with something that will always be one sided just because your other half couldn't see you, nor know about your existence. I would have to watch him grow old and start a family with someone else. Just the thought made my heart pang. I'm selfish, he is mine. It's only fair.

So I sought for help, I got in contact with Allegra. She's the Witches's Coven Leader, her abilities went beyond this dimension so she could sense spirits, ghosts.

She refused to help me, claiming that it was too dangerous to mess with the laws of the Universe. But at the time I didn't listen. I couldn't give a rat's ass about the Universe. All I cared about was my mate, the green eyed Samuel.

I should have listened to her.

But Clarence got to me first. Promising me a bright future where I could walk and roam free in a human form in this world, and I was blind and took in his offer.

I owed him.

And so the experiences began. Torture after torture, intermittent periods as a human and back to ghost. I would take advantage of the moments as human to visit my sister, my first true other half, my best friend. It was risky and unstable to do so, I had to lie to her and tell her that this was Allegra's doing, I even lied to her in a note that I left on the mirror of her bathroom, saying that I needed to leave due to other issues, Father's request, when in reality it was the effect of the injections wearing off, she could sense my presence so I had to leave as soon as possible otherwise she would know that I was still nearby and would start asking questions.

But seeing Castiel wasn't what took most of my time as a human, progressing my relationship with my mate was. We would go for walks, he would talk about his day at the station and I would listen mesmerized by the human being beside me. And then came the light touches, the brushing of fingers, the shivering. Then the kisses and holding hands. And then the doom.

Clarence found out about us, kidnapped Samuel and demanded for more.

More dosages of potions, more injections, more spells, more torture. I almost died. Too many times. He was after the Virtutem Ignis I knew that by then so I tried to fight him and his advances off, but he had Sam in his hands, free to hurt him as much as he wished.

He injected me one more time and ordered me to gather a meeting with my parents and sister.

One of the worst days of my life. The disappointment in my Father's eyes, the concern that painted my Mother, and the panic that consumed my sister as I bled nonstop after dropping the dooming information. I announced that I would be giving up my duties regarding the Virtutem Ignis, announcing something that until then no one knew if it was even possible to do what I claimed that intended to do.