Chapter 1 ~ New beginning

-Severe physical bullying, swearing

(Edited)

Karl's POV:

I slowly crept out of my small apartment not wanting to risk waking up my mom. Only when I completely exited the building did I let out a long sigh. I have learned many times not to wake up my mom when I walk to school in the morning. Why did I want to change schools again? Was it really worth it? I decided it was worth the pain to start fresh at a new school. 

Fresh start as in hopefully enough change that I don't get bullied at school. I mean I know I will but you can always hope. I start walking down the uneven sidewalks to my school. My first mistake at my old school was that I told my "best friend" who turned out to be a faker, that I was gay and he leaked it out to the whole school. It was miserable. My second and most crushing mistake was when I blindly stepped into a relationship because I thought we loved each other. Turns out it was a one way thing. Try not to think about him, it will only make it worse. Don't open up more scars, some literal and some not.

After a long 20 minute walk to my school I finally made it. It was slightly smaller than my old school, and as I was walking in I could tell it would be a difficult year. It was a very simple problem but everyone knows that if your first day is bad then the rest of the year will be. The problem is that I'm supposed to meet with the principal before school starts and quite frankly, I have no idea where it is and I definitely don't plan on asking anyone for help.

I looked down at my watch, 15 minutes till the first bell. I have time. I weave carefully through the herds of students not wanting to catch anyone's attention. I purposely wore an outfit that was pretty bland, nothing like I used to wear. I used to wear hoodies with many different colors and bright socks all the time. I now realize how much attention I must have been bringing to myself just standing there in the middle of the corridor zoned out. I start fast walking looking at every door label trying to find the one that says 'principals office'. I spotted the door and started jogging slowly to the door. But of course with my luck I was stopped by someone tapping my shoulder.

"I have never seen you before," a kid with brown hair says to me flipping me around to look at him, "Hmm, I have beaten up almost every kid in this grade and you don't look familiar." He was looking at me like he couldn't figure me out. I suppressed rolling my eyes, if this kid was stupid I could easily get out of this one. Because you see, I'm great with my words, even through everything I still have my way with words. I knew I would have to overcome my social anxiety for this moment and this moment only.

"R-really? I think you are mistaken, I'm walking to the principal's office so I can tour the new student. Even if you don't remember me, I definitely remember you so if it's okay I will be on my way." I snapped back at him. I didn't mean to stutter and I hope he doesn't notice my clammy hands. He gave me another sideways look and then walked away. Now out of his sight I rolled my eyes, some bully. I walked up to the door that said 'Principal's Office' and walked inside. 

The room was small, with only a few pictures of students on the walls. The desk sat in the middle of the room with two chairs opposite the one the principal sat in. Pushed against the far right wall was a couch. And sitting on this couch was a boy. A very pretty boy to be exact. But he had his eyes closed and wasn't looking at me.

"Welcome to Clearbrook High! One of my best students will be showing you around today..." She gestured to the boy laying on the couch. When he didn't get up the principal cleared her throat very loud and dramatically. The boy jolted up, looked around and then his eyes went wide, seeming to remember what was going on.