Chapter 8 ~ Glass

TW: Guns, death, swearing

(Edited)

Karl's POV:

I didn't know where I was going, I just ran for what felt like hours. I just wanted to be away from everyone and everything, so when I stopped at a huge tree that was in front of Sapnap's house I was confused. It was still the dead of night so I knew I hadn't been out long, his house wasn't that far away from mine.

It had to be fate right? Why else would I subconsciously come to this house? But how will I convince Sapnap to listen to me? He must be heartbroken, my heart shattered into millions of pieces at the thought. I didn't want this to happen but it did anyway and I didn't know how to fix it.

Sapnap's POV:

I just stared blankly at the ceiling, my bed didn't feel comfortable. I wanted Karl here with me but that wouldn't happen now would it? I felt so dumb, I clenched my hands into fists. Was it all a lie? A ploy? Does he really not have a messed up situation at home? Is he just some rich kid that thought it would be fun to play games with someone? If so he wasted 2 months of my life, I thought they were the best months ever.

Tears had been threatening to spill for a while but I wouldn't give in. There was no use crying over something stupid. But it isn't stupid, give him the benefit of the doubt. What if it was a prank? No, he would never do that, he's too innocent for that. I refused to reason with myself. We haven't known each other for a long time and we weren't even dating! Yet here I am thinking about things I shouldn't. About what we could have been if it was real.

I heard the doorbell ring. I really didn't want to answer it but I got up anyway. I was walking super slow to the door hoping whoever it was would go away. I heard a blood curdling scream, it sounded like Karl. I raced to the door and flung it open and my eyes widened at the sight. I saw a woman wrestling Karl away from the doorway, they were 10 paces away from the front porch. 

Karl was screaming at her to let him go and tears streamed down his cheeks. I wanted to go help him but if the text was real then he deserved whatever this was. I just silently watched as Karl struggled to get out of the woman's grasp. As he was thrashing, his eyes grazed over me and then snapped back to look at me. I made eye contact with him while leaning on the railing of my porch and I didn't break eye contact. Karl stopped fighting and even the woman was confused. She looked up and saw me, she just smirked and waited for us to say something.

Finally Karl broke the silence that fell over the three of us.

"SAPNAP!!" That's all he said. Just my name. So so loud. That's all that came out of his mouth, like it was the only thing that mattered in that moment. He broke eye contact and turned away. I wanted to feel pity and sadness and whatever other things I felt for him. And I did, I guess I still did love him but that didn't matter anymore because he didn't love me back.

Karl turned my heart to glass, it was so vulnerable, so breakable and disposable. That's exactly what he did and now he stood in front of me with begging eyes expecting forgiveness. Without saying any words I turned around and walked back inside my house. I heard Karl call my name one more time, it was faint since I had already closed the door. 

I don't know why I did that but I did and now there is nothing I can do to change my decisions. I flopped onto my bed and by then I couldn't hold the tears anymore. What happened to us?

Karl's POV:

When Sapnap didn't say nor do anything and walked back into his house my breathing flattered. I heard my mom snicker from behind me. I swiveled and looked her in the eyes,

"Fuck your songs and your fucking stupid metaphor's!" I yelled at her with tears in my eyes. I knew this would hit her in the heart, she was sober so my mom would remember everything. Her grip loosened on me and I broke away running down the street. My heart was broken, it didn't matter that Sapnap and I were never a thing. It didn't matter that there was an unspoken feeling between us. My broken heart didn't care about guilt so I ran back to my house as fast as I could hoping to find Aaron before he left. We had some unfinished business.

Flashback:

"Brother! Look at all the flowers!" I squealed. I had stumbled across the most beautiful flower field. I started to run around picking flowers and making a bouquet for my mom. I wanted to give something to her when we got home.

"Be careful! Mom would kill me if you got lost!" He yelled out to me. 

"It's an open field! I won't get lost!" I yelled back to him. I ran around in circles, I had so much energy. I ran around for almost an hour just admiring the flower field. I heard a bang, I was old enough to know it was a gunshot but too young to understand what was happening.

"Karl get down!" my brother's voice rang out through the flower field. I plopped down on my back. I shivered a little hoping nothing bad would happen. I was so wrong.

I got up thinking it was over and looked around and saw my brother behind a tree. I could see strands of hair. I walked over to him but I heard voices behind me.

"He's the one! Get him!" They had their guns raised and were racing towards me. I heard another gunshot and it whizzed right past me. I froze, not able to move. I saw their bodies fall to the ground. I turned around and saw my brother crumple to the ground. He had a gun in his hand, where did he get that from? Did he always carry it around? 

My memories of this moment were broken and scattered. I don't remember my brother shooting those men but I just assumed he did since he had the gun. I may never know for sure, but I do know that there was a man there. In the distance, behind a bunch of trees. It didn't worry me at the time, but now it matters. It matters so so much.

I wanted to call the ambulance but I didn't have a phone and we were probably too far out in the wilderness. Even if I could find my brother's phone there was no reception so far. There was no point. I couldn't get help, I felt so useless and helpless. I backed away from the three dead bodies and ran back in the direction we came from when we walked here. 

??? POV:

I saw the little boy run from the crime scene. He probably didn't know what to do. Poor kid, he couldn't even save his brother. What a shame.

I think that's enough revenge for today. I smirked....

We still had some unfinished business.....

---------------

Thank you for reading. Sorry for the short chapter!  

Word Count: 1,267