Chapter 12 ~ Eye of the Storm

TW: Mention of abuse, mention of knives, swearing

Karl's POV:

Don't even ask how Sapnap and I made it through the break alive. It was a week of misery because my mom was pissed and you know how that goes. Usually I would break down and not come out of my room for days but now I have a purpose to stay alive and that's all because of him.

After the kiss I was starting to question every aspect of my life and I found a lot of concerning shit. I felt like a whole new person if that makes any sense. That night has been on my mind all week and I actually have had great sleep for the first time in who knows how long. 

We decided it would be best if we didn't contact each other until we go back to school. That makes me sad though because it makes me feel like the kiss never happened. I really hope that I wasn't just imagining it.

All I knew was that I had to start walking to school right now or else I would be late. Fortunately, my mom wasn't home to bug me so I walked right out the door feeling like today might be different. A good start to a day is always a good sign for me because usually I never have a good start. 

My bruises from earlier this week when my mom hit me were still bright red and blue so I had to apply a generous amount of foundation and makeup. It worked well enough but I knew Sapnap would notice. It worried me a little bit that I would have to explain to him but as long as I didn't have to talk to anyone else I would be fine.

I made it to the school and quickly saw Sap leaning against a pole at the front of the school with his eyes darting everywhere, he was probably looking for me. I rushed over to him and when he spotted me he ran over and gave me a hug. I winced and he quickly pulled back.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you or anything. I'm sor-" 

"Hey don't worry. I just have a lot of bruises." I cut him off, I didn't need him worrying about me too much. I saw his eyes look over me, presumably looking for the bruises. His eyes widened and hugged me but not as hard. I was still getting used to him showing affection towards me.

"I'm so sorry Karl. We could've stayed somewhere else for the week. I don't trust you around your mom," Sapnap whispered into my ear. I frowned and bit and looked up at him.

"First of all, there is nothing to be sorry about and second, she is still my legal guardian." I replied. Still frowning I bury my head in his shoulder, I don't want to see his reaction.

"You raise some valid facts but I'm getting cold so we should go inside," he pulls away from the hug and grabs my hand. We walk into the school and walk over to Sapnap's locker. George and Dream were standing there probably flirting with each other.

"Hey guys!" Sapnap says with a smile. George and Dream turn around to greet us and they start talking amongst each other. As I watched them converse I felt someone's gaze on me. I scan the area and I get met with someone's brown eyes. He had long pink hair that was styled into a braid, a white button up shirt, jeans, and black boots. I had never seen him before but then again I didn't know many people here. Nor do I keep accounts on how everyone dresses, that's way too much work.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when the bell rang, forcing us to get to class. 

"We need to get to class. I don't want you to be late," Sapnap said. He led me down the halls and when I looked back the mysterious man was no longer there.