Chapter 20 ~ Tunnels

HUGE TW: Swearing, killing, blood, guns, knives, dead bodies

Sapnap's POV:

I paced back and forth in front of Techno's room. I tried to come in earlier and help him with finding Karl but Techno said I would be distracting. He can get snarky sometimes and really suits him.

I hope Karl's okay

There's absolutely no way he's alright

He's strong

That's not true

He'll die and I won't be able to live with myself if that happens

I slapped my face and scolded myself for thinking those things. I underestimate him, Karl is a lot stronger than you think. Karl's smart enough to figure it out himself but that doesn't stop me from being worried. He could die, we all know Aaron took him. It was never said out loud but all the people working on the case knew it.

Techno came bursting out of the door and tackled me on accident. I hit the ground with an oof and pain shot through my right shoulder.

"Did you have to be standing so close to the door?" Techno complained. After getting up he offered me a hand which I reluctantly took.

"Sorry I was just getting stressed," I rub the back of neck. Techno always intimated me, he was a foot taller than me and had wore red contacts. Apparently he said it was to make him look more terrifying and I think he was living up to that.

"Why were you running out of the room anyway?" I ask. He seemed like he was in a hurry.

"I don't have much time to explain. I found out where Karl is being kept but you can't tell Ben. I already patched the codes I used to find out where Karl is so no one can get the information. We need to leave now, more like sneak out," Techno said in hushed tones. I raised an eyebrow and titled my head a little. Why can't we tell Ben? Isn't that the whole point? So we don't die when we find Karl?

"Why?" I feel like that question covered all of the questions that ran through my brain.

"What a simple and naïve question. I can explain to you on the way but we need to leave now. I've got it covered," Techno grabbed my wrist and dragged me through the building and to a door hidden behind some desks.

"What the fu-"

"Don't ask questions and shut the hell up. You are more tolerable when you don't speak," Techno snapped. I was shocked to say the least. I wanted to say something back but I decided not to, he was technically in charge here.

I helped him move the tables away from the door and when Techno opened the door the hinges squeaked. It was a shrill sound that sent goosebumps up my arms.

Inside the room was dark and I wasn't sure what was going on. I opened my mouth to ask but Techno put a hand over my mouth and put his pointer finger up to his lips. I wasn't sure why we had to be quiet but I didn't want to mess up whatever was going on.

Techno seemed like he knew what he was doing and I didn't want to question him.

For what felt like hours we walked down a dark and twisting tunnel of sorts. I could barely see Techno so I stayed close behind him and managed to flat tire him multiple times. I muffled laughs every time he turned around to glare at me.