Chapter 6 ~ The Fight

TW: School fights, some swearing, thoughts of suicide, mention of physical abuse, homophobia

(Edited)

Karl's POV:

No, I didn't want Sapnap to fight those boys for me. Okay sure, maybe he did care about me but that doesn't excuse the fact that I'm weak. Some of my old friends from when I was younger would say that it's okay to feel weak sometimes, you can't be strong all the time. But I honestly can't remember a time when I was strong. I was always hiding from reality when I was younger, imagined and believed I had a different life. When I turned 14 reality hit me like a punch in the gut, literally. 

"So do you know who you'll bring to the fight?" I asked Sapnap. He just shrugged and stayed silent. We were sitting on a bench in the middle of a park that was close to my house. It was just after 10 on a Sunday morning. I knew Sapnap had an idea, at least I am 99% sure he already contacted who he was bringing.

"I want it to be a fair one on one fight. So I'm going to bring someone who will help me with that. I don't have any grudges with Zak, only Wilbur." Sapnap responded. That didn't really help. All I knew about the fight was that I had to be there as a witness and had to bring one other witness. Since I don't have many friends I just texted George and told him to come. He said he was alright with coming.

I was leaning against Sapnap's shoulder and we watched the clouds and the birds pass through the sky. It wasn't a date, it was just two boys hanging out. It was nothing more to Sapnap than that, but it was so much more to me. Sapnap probably didn't even like me or even want to be around me. Whatever Sapnap and I have is enough for me. Even if we're just friends, acquaintances even. I just hope that when I get left broken hearted I can hold on to the memories.

Sapnap's POV:

I don't know why I didn't tell Karl about who I was bringing, I just felt something in my gut telling me not to. Darryl had already agreed to help me, I didn't want to hurt Zak because he was Darryl's best friend. Even if he was mean to Karl I would never do that to Darryl.

It was lunchtime on Monday and I was so ready for the fight, but I would have to wait till afterschool. I was definitely excited for the fight but Karl on the other hand wasn't.

"Why have you been tense all day?" I ask. I'm just met with a worried expression. I was hoping for some words but I don't want to push it. I still don't understand how he could hate such a beautiful voice.

-

I carried Karl bridal style to the alleyway behind the school, he wouldn't move when I told him we had to go so I had no choice but to carry him. He said George was already there and I knew that Darryl was going to be a little late. 

The alleyway was dark and vines were growing on the walls making it seem like we were in a horror movie. Zak and Wilbur were sitting on the far side of the alleyway talking amongst themselves. I put Karl down on a wooden chair, there were 2 chairs, one for each of the witnesses. George was already sitting on one of the chairs and waved to Karl. 

"Glad you decided to come. Where is that friend of yours?" Zak smirks. He stands up and walks over to me only stopping a few feet away. Wilbur stands right next to him, he cracks his knuckles. Almost right on cue, Darryl arrives. He was a little late since he went to a different school. His presence took Zak by surprise.