Chapter 17 ~ Traitor

TW: mention of drugs, swearing

Karl's POV:

It's been 5 days since Fundy came into my room, I'm not sure if he is still here. Wherever here is. I'm still as clueless as I was when I first got here. Nick won't tell me anything and keeps saying that we have to wait for my vision to come back. He makes it sound like something bad is going to happen even though he assures me that nothing will.

The up side to this is that Nick and I get to talk more. Strengthen our relationship or whatever, it's kinda fun to talk about random things. I never realized how amazing talking/conversing could be until I met Nick. I always thought speaking was overrated and useless when it came to living your own life. I guess I was wrong. Then again, I've been wrong about a lot of things.

"I have something for you," Nick said. I looked over to him and tried my best to met his gaze but it was hard to focus on it.

"What is it?" I was excited to see what he had for me. Nick reached into his pocket and pulled out two necklaces. I had to squint to see the charm that was on them. They looked identical, both necklaces had hearts on them.

"Here, mine says Karl and yours says Nick on it. Hopefully we won't ever forget each other," I took the necklace and put it on. It looked really nice and it meant that I really did mean something to him. I blushed and turned to see Nick smiling like a goofball. He looked so adorable.

"Are you feeling any better?" Nick whispered softly. We were both on the small hospital bed, I wasn't sure this was even an actual hospital. Earlier I was sleeping on his shoulder which is surprisingly more comfortable than the pillow on the bed.

"I'm not sure. The pounding in my head went away completely and I can see colors again, not just shadows," I reply. This was true, I could see the colors on Nick's shirt and the weird wallpaper on the hospital walls. I was getting pretty bored of the constant headache so I was glad that it decided to stop. 

"Whatever the doctor does really helps," I add. I think they're like painkillers or some magical thing that takes the pain away. Oh, painkillers it is then. I haven't been to a hospital or a doctor since I was 9. I'd give anything to have those painkiller things to work on emotions, I'd be in a better place right now if those things existed. I'm talking about real medicine, not drugs. Drugs only make things worse in the end.

"Well that's really good news!" Nick exclaimed, "Maybe you'll be good in the next few days."

"Uh ya sure," I mumble. Nick knows something that I don't. Well of course, he always seems to know my own problems before I can figure it out for myself.

He won't tell me anything about Fundy. Fundy just came in then walked out after I told him to leave. I honestly don't remember if I told Nick about my old school. I'm sure I did right? All the times I've explained things to Nick were kind of a blur. I know I told him but I can't seem to remember all the details. Fundy wasn't just my traitorous friend, he was also the first person who I trusted with my secret. I never told Techno even if we were really good friend.

I keep telling myself that I don't know why Fundy outed me to my parents but I know exactly why, I just can't admit it without falling apart. Yes, Nick is here for me and I love him but I've learned that love can't fix all your problems.