Chapter 14 ~ Don't say I didn't warn you

TW: mention of murder, mention of physical abuse, swearing, mention of knives

(edited)

Karl's POV:

"Will you be my boyfriend?" Sapnap asked. So many emotions spilled into my body, love, sadness, fear, and many others.

"Sap...." I started. His expression hardened as he stared through my soul, presumably searching my soul.

"I like you a lot but I don't want it to end how my last one did. I trust you...." I said, "I just don't trust myself."

I hugged Sapnap tighter. Why couldn't things be easy and simple for once? Memories started resurfacing, all the bad things David did to me. Him and Sap look nothing alike but that doesn't excuse the fact that they are brothers. I literally murdered his brother! We never had a true conversation about all our problems. I don't have a conscience anymore, so it won't matter.

"Is this about what happened with David? I thought you were proud of that?" Sapnap questioned. Okay, saying that I'm proud of killing him is a long shot but this is as much about David as it is about us.

"What else would this be about? He warned me that he could be a bit much sometimes but I was so blinded by 'love' that I didn't listen. It was smooth at first but then it started going downhill. I figured out that my mom was the one that put our relationship together and that he never loved me. Once they knew that I knew......well, lets just say it wasn't pretty. I was abused physically for a long time. I wasn't in a great state. At the time my mom controlled my whole life except school in which I wasn't allowed to have friends." I took a deep shaky breath, "I welcomed the thought of murder with open arms. I was desperate, to me there was nothing to lose. Prison would be better than how it was. Then.....you know."

Immediately Sapnap hugged me tighter than he was before. I didn't want to cry, this was supposed to be a special night that would be simple for once. But no, I had to go and ruin everything like I usually do.

"Karl, I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I hope you know that I would never do that no matter what," Sapnap said softly into my ear. I almost believed him but a flashback interrupted my moment. How rude.

"W-wait, p-please stop. You promised!" I screamed at David. He had a metal spoon in his right hand and a knife in his left. My blood was already on both of the objects and I was on the floor.

"But baby~. Don't say I didn't warn you," David snickered. My eyes widened as I remembered that he warned me about being a bit over the top. I instantly blamed myself and I spiraled downwards.

I shouldn't have let those words affect me as much as they did, but I was weak at the time so I believed pretty much anything. I hated the feeling and when David died I thought things would get better but no. Apparently I have lots of debt to pay to karma. The world just never gave me anything happy and now that I got something happy I'm not sure how to deal with it. I knew what to do, you can't live your life in fear. Even though fear has been my life.

I snapped back to reality when Sapnap was shaking my shoulders.

"Are you good? You zoned out for a few minutes," He explained. He sounded a little worried and his tone was very serious.