Chapter 21 ~ This

TW: Swearing, guns, death, f slur but it's starred out (*)

This might be a confusing chapter because I use the word 'this' a lot at the beginning. Sorry.

A/N: Sorryyyyy for the late update, I was really busy with schoolwork T-T

Karl's POV:

I saw him. In the shadows of the dark hallways. Standing there. Still, unmoving. Staring. I was the only one who made eye contact, maybe I shouldn't of. I was never to fond of eye contact in any context, Sapnap was an exception. 

Aaron

Why didn't he do anything? He could've easily killed us all, I know that for sure. Surely he saw his daughter being carried away, surely he cared. Right? Does he even care? I should probably ask Sapnap about his relationship with his father before all of this.

What even is this? A wild goose chase? I wasn't to sure. I'm even sure what this was supposed to be. Some crappy love story? A fight for freedom? A personal journey? I internally scoff, I sound like a English professor trying to dissect a story with his class. 

The start of this war was far before I was even born so why do I have to suffer from this?

This

It's barely a word. But that doesn't mean it's any less important.

The thing between Sap and I....you can classify it with: this

This what? This can mean love or confusion between us

The thing happening between Ben and Aaron...it's just this

This unspoken rivalry between them, something they force their sons solve even if we don't want to

My relationship with my mom.....it's this messy relationship

This beautifully complicated love/hate relationship

...

This means so many things to me and to everyone else if you take the time to think about it. (A/N: I really had to think about this scene. It was painful T-T) 

At this point I was just confusing myself so I let the moment go and snapped back into the present instead of dwelling on the past.

Sapnap lead us through the hallways and I was getting really dizzy with all the twists and turns. He seemed to know what he was doing but I still had my doubts. But it's not like I had any idea where we were so I left it up to him.

Eventually I could see light, no the shitty electric kind but the natural kind. We approached the doorway that was wide open and I could see the silhouette of someone standing with a confident posture. It seemed like it was early in the morning. Their hair was blowing in the wind and they seemed really peaceful.