Chapter 24 ~ Knives out

TW: Knives, swearing, 

Sapnap's POV:

It was late. The moons light shone through the car window. I thought we were going to Ben's base but we passed through our neighborhood. I saw Karl's apartment complex, the park, and even our school. Where are we going?

I wanted to ask Lucie but she's been asleep, went under the second we started driving. Soon the scenery changed and I noticed we were driving through the commercial buildings in the heart of our small town.

What could he possibly want here?

We pulled up to the tallest building in the whole town. It was at least 30 stories. Just to clarify, everything else around the area was less than 10. It was smack in the center of the town. Everything was built around this building, at least that's what my teacher said and we all know reliable those people can be.

I never knew what was in this building but I guess I might find out. As far as anyone is concerned this is an office building but I think there's something more. 

Wait, Lucie and I are tied up. How is Ben going to get us into the building without people wandering the streets noticing? He wouldn't trust us if we weren't tied up. No one is that dumb. You can only dream.

The car approached the building and instead of stopping in front of the main doors it turned the corner and parked in the parking lot behind the building. If I could facepalm I would but I can't because my hands are bound by rope. Of course there's a back parking lot. Ben opens Lucie's side first and forcefully pulls her out. She let's out a surprised yelp when her head hits the ground.

"Get up brat," Ben snarls. I want to punch this guy in the face, how dare he talk to her like that! I may not have known her long but I feel like we've bonded.

I was so lost in thought that I didn't notice that we were already inside the building. I was in dark hallway and every so often I would see a blinking red light, cameras. We got shoved down the hallway and I was slightly scared. I've seen what these people can do.

We reached an elevator and they called the elevator. The silence was so thick it would take more than a knife to cut through it. The doors opened and we were pushed into the elevator as Ben calmly walked in. There wasn't any lights on in the chamber, the only light was the button that Ben pressed. We were going to floor 25.

I was thankful there wasn't any elevator music, if there was I would've screamed. Elevator music sucks.

The elevator dinged and the doors opened. Light streamed in and I had to squint my eyes as they tried to adjust to the blinding light. I was forced to walk forward in the bright hallways. The walls were all painted white and everyone was wearing white.

What is this? Why is everything white? I tried to look for windows but there were white curtains draped over them. I was so confused, this hurt my brain. I looked over at Lucie who seemed equally as confused.

"You guys are going to wait here until we need you," Ben opened a door that lead to a cell. EVEN THE CELL WAS SHINY CLEAN! What is this??? It was a box with a few chains on the floor. He didn't bother to put us in them.

Ben threw us in and slammed the door shut. I look over to Lucie, we make eye contact and said in sync.

"What the fuck is this?"