Chapter 7 ~ That Night

TW: Some swearing, harsh language (Bbh wouldn't approve), mention of murder, angst, implication of self harm 

(Edited)

Karl's POV:

It had been a week since I told Sapnap about my home issues and our interactions didn't change that much. Besides him being a little bit more protective, our dynamic stayed pretty much the same. I owe him for that, I'm just glad he isn't pitying me. 

Semester finals were coming up soon and I stayed in my room to study. I wanted to ace every single final and my mom wasn't here so that made me so much less stressed. Sapnap kept complaining about how I was working too hard and that I needed a break. I just dismissed him and kept studying. The finals were in 4 days. 

"Karl~" Sapnap whined. I just rolled my eyes and continued eating my lunch. Sapnap, who was sitting across from me, got up to walk around the table. He plopped himself right next to me and whispered into my ear,

"Meet me at the park near your house the night after finals at 9," He said in a deep voice. I immediately felt heat rush to my cheeks, Sapnap must have noticed because he chuckled.

"Until next time pretty boy," Sapnap cooed. He just left me there flustered and nervous. What was going to happen? I-Is he going to hurt me? I quickly ended my thoughts and got up to throw away my trash. He would never do that, I reassured myself. Sapnap had been so gentle, what would give him the urge to change now? Nothing, there was nothing to be afraid of yet I still worried.

Sapnap's POV:

The bell rang. Finals are finally over, I'm going to guess I got a B average for all of them. I didn't study as hard as Karl did. Karl, oh shit I need to get ready for the date picnic thingy I'm doing for him. I rushed out of the school and started my car. I will not be unorganized for once in my life if I can help it.

I had already picked a spot in the park for our 'date that wasn't really a date'. I needed to tell Karl how I felt about him, it feels like I'm lying to him if I don't tell him. Karl deserves so much, he has already been through so much shit in his life and I want to be there for him. 

The first and most crucial step is to confess to him. I was planning to sit under the stars and eat snacks because food is awesome. I would tell him eventually and I swore to myself that I wouldn't chicken out. I drove out to the park and parked in a random spot hoping not to get towed. I was too lazy to check if I parked illegally or not.

I opened the trunk of my car and pulled out a bag that I had stuffed everything in. I strolled down the park paths searching for the spot I picked a few nights prior. Once I spotted it I jogged over and started to set up the picnic. 

Karl always said he liked more classic and simple things so I got the classic picnic blanket and food that wasn't too fancy. I was really excited now that all my nerves went away, if he liked me back he would finally be mine. Something I've been wanting for a while now, not trying to sound creepy or anything. It was slowly creeping towards 9 and I was sitting down next to my car waiting for a text or something from Karl.

It was 9:15 and I was getting a little bit worried. It's alright, it's only 15 minutes you need to calm down. Once it was 9:45 I couldn't convince myself that he was coming. I put my head in my hands and a tear slipped from my left eye, does he not care? He just stood me up, how could he? I....