| 𝟣𝟩

IT TOOK SOME TIME for Billy Black to tell the story of the Quileute tribe's history and how the werewolf gene was activated by the presence of danger, and by the time he was done many of the tribe members had already left and packed up their ...

IT TOOK SOME TIME for Billy Black to tell the story of the Quileute tribe's history and how the werewolf gene was activated by the presence of danger, and by the time he was done many of the tribe members had already left and packed up their things.

A few pack members remained sitting by the fire, including Sam and Emily, and Jared, who was cuddled up under a blanket with his girlfriend, Kim, who I had been introduced to right before the story ended.

Jacob and Bella had left immediately after Billy had spoken his last words about the history, and I couldn't shake the uncomfortable feeling in the pit of my stomach as Bella seemed angry that I was invited.

For some reason, it got to me, and for a few moments, I dwelled on it before Paul returned to me from taking a trip to his truck to grab a blanket.

"As much as I love being your personal furnace," he chuckled, slowly unfolding the blanket and putting it over my shoulders before sitting beside me.  "I don't want to risk it not being enough to keep you from catching a cold."

I smiled, pulling the quilted blanket closer to me for just a moment, before opening it up and gesturing for him to join me.

"I think if we combine the two, I will be just fine." He cleared his throat, clearly surprised by my actions before smiling and joining me under the blanket.

The two of us quiet for a few minutes, listening to the popping sounds coming from the fire as it slowly began dying out.

"Are you warm enough?" He questioned; concern written all over his face as he felt me shiver beside him.

I couldn't help but giggle softly, before shaking my head. "I'm sorry, I think I am still quite cold."

He laughed with me, before moving closer and pulling me closer to his chest and tucking my face under his chin as he wrapped the blanket tighter around us and let his strong arms engulf me.

"Is this better?" He asked softly, not seeming to care that his remaining packmates were watching us with smiles on their faces.

I nodded, grateful that my face was partially hidden under the blanket and by his head resting over my own. My face was probably as red as a tomato from the heat now radiating off of his body and into my own, and by the nervousness in the pit of my stomach at the proximity we now shared.

My body was practically melting into his own like I belonged there and nowhere else, and it made my heart race and my mouth dry as I began to grow nervous.

I heard movement as Sam and Emily got up, making their way to us to say goodbye before Jared and Kim joined them.

We all said our goodbyes before it was now just Paul and I who remained.

I bit my lip, nervously rubbing my thumbs together before Paul cleared his throat and pulled away from me.

"It's getting pretty late," He began to say before I looked up and nodded my head.