| 𝟣𝟥

PAUL DRIVES TOWARDS Eloise's house in silence, listening to her soft breathing as she struggled to stay awake

PAUL DRIVES TOWARDS Eloise's house in silence, listening to her soft breathing as she struggled to stay awake. From the corner of his eye, he could see her relaxing more and more, her eyes growing heavy as she lets out a small sigh and leans her head against the window and drifts to sleep.

It felt like a weight was finally being lifted off his chest after going so long without seeing her, the past few weeks had been absolute hell for him with the beast inside him raging against the separation. He had never felt so worried and angry over someone all at the same time, and it was driving him insane.

He cursed under his breath as he hit a pothole, his hand instinctively reaching out to catch her head before it slammed into the passenger side door. Eloise let out a soft whimper, her body seeming to react to his warm touch in a positive way as she leaves the cool window to lay her head down on his shoulder.

Paul tenses at the sudden closeness, his hands tightening on the wheel as he takes in a deep breath.

His truck wasn't that big and there was barely even a middle seat between them, so her head laid perfectly on the crook of his neck. He didn't need directions to her house, but he would never admit it out loud that he had spent the last couple of days watching over her house thanks to the help of Jacob.

"I'm so sorry," her soft voice whimpered, causing Paul to furrow his eyes in confusion as she let out a soft cry and he felt warm liquid slide down his shoulder. He could feel his chest aching as she cried against his shoulder, and barely made it into the driveway before slamming on the breaks and putting it in park so he could check on her.

He turned slowly to grab her face in his hands so he could look at her pained facial expression as she continued to cry in her sleep. He flared his nostrils to try and calm his breathing down as watching her feel so much pain made him sick to his stomach because he didn't know how to take it away.

"E...Eloise?" His voice cracked as he swallowed hard, his brown eyes running over her face in concern while his thumbs rubbed small circles along her cheekbones.

She shivered against his touch, before moving forward and causing Paul to stiffen as she slowly opened her eyes to stare up at him in confusion.

"Paul?" She whispered, her voice shaking and still cracking from being sore. Paul couldn't take his eyes off of her as he slowly nodded, not knowing what else to do as he felt it hard to breathe with her face just centimeters away from his own.

He wanted to grab her and kiss her, to tell her she was his and his alone, and that he would do anything to make her happy if she'd just give him the chance.

Eloise pulled away slowly, causing a soft whimper to come from Paul without permission as she tilted her head and reached out to touch his face.

He stared at her in confusion as she seemed to be drawn to something on his face.

"Your eyes...." She whispered in awe. "They're glowing."

Paul felt more confused, before searching her bright blue eyes and catching his golden orbs staring back at him as he gasped.

Visions of them together on a beach, laughing and leaning in for a kiss, invaded his brain before more visions followed. Her silky bare skin exposed to him as he leaned down to kiss her inner thigh, echoes of her moaning out his name warped into visions of her running towards him with the brightest smile on her face as she leaped into his arms and he spun her around as she kissed him lovingly.

Paul's eyes, that he didn't realize had closed, shot open as Eloise pulled her hand away from his face in surprise by his sudden movement.

"You're beautiful." Was all he could say, watching as Eloise tucked a piece of hair behind her ear and blushed up at him.

She let out a breathy laugh, before smiling. "Thank you," she bit her lip and looked around for a moment before turning back around to him like she was debating her next words. "For saving me."

Her words had a weird effect on him as they washed over him like a wave of... he wasn't quite sure. But it made his heart race as she moved in closer.

His eyes searched hers as they grew closer before she seemed to swallow hard. She tried to hide the pain from her throat as she did so, but Paul was studying every move she made so he wouldn't forget it.

"Eloise?" He whispered, feeling emotionally exposed as she sat just centimeters from his lips again.

She chewed on her lip as he listened to her rapid heartbeat and breathing. Desperately wanting to kiss her and to be living in the visions he saw of their future together but knowing she still didn't understand their bond, and it was going to take some time before she did.

He let out a deep breath before leaning in and placing a gentle kiss on her forehead, listening to her sigh against him.

Paul pulled away after a moment of letting his lips linger on her forehead as she cleared her throat and pulled away from him to open the passenger side door.

Before she could leave, Paul reached over and caught her hand before she could disappear and him miss the opportunity to ask her. "Will you go with me to a bonfire on Friday?" She blushed and nodded, causing Paul to smile. "I'll pick you up around 7."