| 𝟢𝟩

I STIRRED AWAKE, hearing a small gasp come from the side of me as I slowly lean up and look around the room

     I STIRRED AWAKE, hearing a small gasp come from the side of me as I slowly lean up and look around the room. Bella stood in front of Jacob by the window as they were talking, but they both looked to me as I rubbed my aching head.

Bella glanced over at Jacob who sighed and glanced at me briefly, before climbing out of the window and disappearing.

"How are you feeling?" She asks me, picking up the glass of water she had sitting by the nightstand and handing it to me as I fully sit up and happily take it from her outstretched hands.

I take a moment to sip on the cold water, trying to find the words to explain how I was feeling, before sighing and handing the cup back to her so she could place it back on the nightstand as I ran my hands through my hair.

"What the hell, Bella?" She looks at me with wide eyes in confusion, trying to understand me, but I shake my head and continue. "You seemed to know that guy and didn't seem at all surprised when he magically popped out fangs!"

Bella tried to find an excuse, I could tell by the way she kept looking around the room, but finally her shoulders slumped, and she let out a soft sigh. "I don't know where to begin."

I watch her closely as she rubbed the back of her neck, trying to find a way to begin, before rolling my eyes and swatting her shoulder playfully to try and get her to open up. "How about the beginning, Bella."

She chewed on her lip before laughing, and then slowly growing sad once again before throwing her back down on the mattress so she could stare up at the ceiling.

I shake my head, before laying my back down beside her as she began to tell me the story of how she met Edward Cullen and his family, and finding out they were vampires, and then nearly dying from being attacked by one.

"So, this Victoria chick sent Laurent to attack you today, because Edward killed her mate?" I questioned, trying to catch up to her story as she just nodded her head. "Okay then."

I let out a long breath of air as I shook my head again, finding the whole thing strange but I believed her.

Bella sat up to look down at me with wide, shock eyes. "Okay then? That's all you have to say?"

I shrug my shoulders, sitting up to nudge her with my shoulder.

"The world's a crazy place, Bella Swan," I shrug again before standing up and turning around to face her as she just gaped up at me. "I guess at this point, anything's possible."

She just laughed and shook her head in disbelief at how nonchalant I was being, but deep down I could see she felt relieved to have someone else know the same secret.

"Anyway, I'm going to head home and catch dinner before my uncle thinks I've gone missing and starts a search and rescue." I stop at her doorframe and stand there for a moment, before turning to face her. "I'm glad you told me, but next time try to tell me before I almost become vampire lunch."

She laughs and tosses a pillow at me as I giggle and head next door to where my family waited for me.