| 𝟤𝟪

PAUL'S WARM HAND gripped my thigh as he pulled up to the drugstore on our way to Sam and Emily's house, putting his truck into park and clearing his throat as he glanced at me

"It's nothing to be worried about, babe." Paul gave me a light kiss on my cheek to reassure me while I sheepishly nodded my head, nibbling on my lip nervously. "I'll go get it, you just stay here and keep looking beautiful."

I couldn't help but giggle as he gave me a goofy grin, watching as he winked at me and shut the door behind him as he made his way into the drugstore to grab what we needed.

The confidence he had going in to buy the Plan B like it wasn't his first time made me sick to my stomach, and insecure all over again.

The whole idea of him imprinting on me was still so foreign and bizarre and left my head spinning in self-doubt.

I believe him, I do, don't get me wrong... but watching him pass by much prettier woman through the drugstore made me realize just how small and insignificant I was compared to them.

A tanned skinned Quilette girl around his age was working the Pharmacy register as he stepped up to it, and even from my place in the parking lot I could tell just how uncomfortable he was as he asked her for the box of Plan B locked behind the counter.

She looked angry as she glared at him and all but threw the box at him after she rang it up. I could see her mouth moving as she yelled at him, but couldn't make out the words as Paul finally got back to the truck.

He gently placed the bag at my feet, avoiding my eyes as his hands gripped the steering wheel and his jaw clenched shut as he tried to control his breathing.

"Paul?" I moved closer to him, ignoring the glaring eyes I felt on me as I leaned my head on his shoulder and my hand on his back. I tried to get him to look at me, but he stubbornly refused as he shoved me off of him and put the truck in drive, peeling out of the parking lot and back down the road without saying a word or looking at me.

He sped down the road, looking angrier and angrier as his grip on the steering wheel tightened, causing his knuckles to turn white.

I had moved away from him in confusion, my back pressed against the passenger door as I tried to get him to snap out of whatever mood he seemed to be in.

"Paul?" I repeated.

No response.

"Paul, are you ok?"

Nothing.

"Paul.... Paul!"

He nearly hit a car coming around a corner in the opposite lane, causing him to swerve and barely miss running us off the road as he corrected himself and continued speeding down the curving road.

"Paul!" I finally yelled.

"You're scaring me!" My head hit the dashboard painfully as he immediately slammed on the breaks, stopping abruptly in the middle of the road as he panted.