| 𝟢𝟫

IT DIDN'T TAKE LONG for us to reach our destination as we pulled up to a cozy-looking home surrounded by woods as the boys jumped out the bed of the truck making loud noises as Bella rolled down her window yelling about going back and checkin...

     IT DIDN'T TAKE LONG for us to reach our destination as we pulled up to a cozy-looking home surrounded by woods as the boys jumped out the bed of the truck making loud noises as Bella rolled down her window yelling about going back and checking on Jacob.

"I hope Paul sinks some teeth in him, serves him right for getting in the way of his-" Jared begins to say, before Embry shoves his shoulder to stop him from finishing his sentence.

I raise my eyebrow as the two glance in my direction, before continuing their conversation as they moved closer to the front porch of the house that had plenty of marigolds hanging inside the window boxes.

I took a deep breath of air, finding myself at ease as the smell of burning wood invaded my nostrils.

"Come on in, we won't bite!" Embry called out towards us, and I can't help but follow.

Jared laughed as he glanced back at us. "Speak for yourself."

Embry rolled his eyes and shoved Jared with a warning glare, though he seemed to know he was only joking around.

Bella finally gets out of the truck and follows us to the front porch before Embry stops us. "Hey, about Emily... don't stare, it bugs Sam."

Nodding my head, I follow them into the house as Bella tries to ask questions that only get ignored as everyone is hit with the warmth of the home and the smell of freshly baked muffins that made our mouth's water.

A beautiful woman with long black hair stands behind the counter, asking the boys if they're hungry before laughing to herself as she mumbled a sarcastic like I have to ask under her breath as she turned around to face us.

"Who's this?" She smiles kindly, and I can see the deep scars that draped down the side of her face. I make no comment on them, and return her smile as Bella just stares despite being asked not to.

Jared and Embry introduce Bella between bites of food, while Emily just shakes her head at them. "So, you're the vampire girl." Emily nods her head towards Bella, who recites something similar but replacing vampire with wolf as Emily chuckles and nods. "Well, I'm engaged to one."

Emily places the mass amount of muffins on the kitchen table, before glancing past Bella to look at me. I feel myself shrink away in embarrassment as all the attention is shifted to me, and take a step back.

I feel warmth radiating from behind me as I bump into a strong chest, a soft gasp escaping my lips as warm hands glide up my elbows to hold me steady as Sam makes his way over to Emily.

"Breathe," a familiar voice whispers against my ear as goosebumps rise up on my skin.

I gulp as Paul's hands linger on me for a bit longer, as everyone seems to look at us in amusement, besides Bella who just seemed confused.