| 𝟢𝟤

"LIZZIE!" Josie yells in frustration as she bangs on the bathroom door, growing annoyed that her sister was using all of the hot water in the house.

I can't help but chuckle, cracking open the bathroom door and letting Josie in as she peers past me to see Lizzie finally stepping out of the shower.

My toothbrush dangled from my mouth as Josie slumps her shoulders and groaned in annoyance. "I don't understand why I have to share a bathroom with dad!"

Josie cries as she shuffles past us and sits down on the toilet seat.

"You can have as many bathrooms as you like, once you have a job and are paying for it, honey." Uncle Alaric exclaims as he leans on the bathroom door with his arms crossed.

Lizzie scoffs at her father, as she adjusts her towel and pats Josie on the top of her head. "Sorry Jo, but Ellie and I are the oldest so it makes sense we share bathrooms."

"That's doesn't make any sense, Lizzie!" Jo grumbles, but sighs once again as her father just laughs and kicks open their bathroom door across the hall so that she could go into it. "I hate being the youngest!"

I quickly finish brushing my teeth before pecking her on the cheek as she passes by, moving to the side as Lizzie jokingly sticks out her tongue behind Josie's back and shuts the door.

"I love her, I swear." Lizzie promises, before moving to my side so that she could blow dry her hair. I run my brush calmly through my own hair, shaking my head for a moment at her response before finishing up.

A month had now passed since moving here, and things weren't perfect but they were getting better over time.

I had started my Sophomore year and made a few friends of my own. One of them being Bella Swan, who I had actually been friends with when I was younger.

Apparently, she had moved back here last year from Arizona and her father still lived next door to us.

Other than that, I spent most of my time with Lizzie and Josie.

I had briefly met Bella's boyfriend and a few of his odd family members, none of them really seeming to catch my attention- especially the way they caught everyone else's in this town.

There was something very strange about them, and despite the pixie-cut Alice constantly trying to be my friend, I really couldn't find myself spending much time with them.

It wasn't so much as I found them terrible, but there was this weird sensation in my core telling me to stay clear of them. And I've learned the hard way that not listening to your gut can ruin your life.

"Did you hear that Edward and his family just up and disappeared?" Lizzie gossiped, causing me to look up from the book I was reading at the kitchen table.

Josie gasped behind her coffee mug. "That's awful, do you know what happened?"

Lizzie shrugged her shoulders and ran her hand through her blonde hair as she hopped up on the countertop and crossed her legs. "No idea, but Jessica just texted me the news."

I rolled my eyes at the two for gossiping, as I set my book down and got up from the kitchen table.

"Where ya goin', Lou?" Josie perked up as she watched me grab my coat from the coatrack and put it on.

I smile at her, knowing she still meant well despite her curiosity. "I'm gonna go check up on Bella."

I exit the house after casting Lizzie a scolding look, still adjusting to the cold Washington air as it nipped recklessly at my face.