| 𝟢𝟨

"BELLA?" I raised my eyebrow as I pushed through the tree branches in search of my friend, whom I had followed into the woods in concern after hearing about her fight with Jacob from Charlie, who was trying to figure out what was going on with his daughter.

I hadn't been very quick in following her, considering I didn't know the woods as well as she seemed to, so it seemed to come as a surprise to the both of us when I came stumbling out into the clearing panting and trying to catch up to her.

"Eloise?" Bella's eyes were wide as I kneeled down, placing my hands on my knees as I tried to catch my breath before standing straight and wiping the sweat off of my brow.

I went to say something but didn't have the chance as Bella grabbed my hand and pulled me beside her. I raised, my eyebrow but followed her wide eyes to see a dark man with dreadlocks standing just a few yards away from us.

"Bella, oh, and a friend," the man spoke up as he moved closer. "I didn't expect to find you here."

Bella let go of my hand, as she watched him. "Laurent."

I stood there awkward watching to two of them, feeling extremely uneasy as the man began circling us, not seeming to care that I was standing there in the middle of their conversation.

"I went to visit the Cullen's, but the house is empty." He continued to move closer and closer to us. "I'm surprised they left you behind. Weren't you sort of a pet of theirs?"

The closer he got, the more anxious I felt myself become, especially when I noticed his red eyes as they flashed towards me in amusement.

"Yeah, you could say that."

I began to zone out of the conversation, too confused to even begin to process what they were even talking about anymore. Picking up pieces of information like the name Victoria and something about killing that finally made me snap out of my daze as he rushed in front of us at such an inhuman speed it made me gasp as the wind rushed through my hair and nearly pushed me back had it not been for him grabbing my shoulder and pulling me back.

"Don't be afraid," He let go of my shoulder to grab Bella's face as I began trembling in fear. "I'm doing you a kindness." He moved closer to whisper in her ear, before smiling and looking over at me. "As for your friend here.... Let's just say, I could use a snack."

He raised his hand up as if to strike Bella, while sharp fangs dropped out of his mouth as he smiled sadistically at me with hunger filled eyes.

"Bella!" I screamed, backing up as he rushed towards me.

Before he could touch me, low growling was heard from behind me that caused the both of us to stand frozen as Bella whipped her head around to stare behind us with wide and more terrified eyes than she had before.

"I....don't believe it." The vampire, I had figured out, said before spinning around and trying to run as large wolves ran past me and Bella to chase after him.

I stood there in shock as Bella ran to my side to check on me, both of us looking to the side with wide eyes as a large rusted-brown wolf slowly passes by as if checking on us.

I feel a familiarity about it but don't have time to think about it any longer as it speeds up and follows after the rest of the wolves that seemed to be hunting down the vampire.

I look off after them before a gray, almost silver, wolf catches my eyes. Large golden eyes peer back at me from the tree lining, watching me closely as I tilt my head at how much it resembled the figurine I had received just days ago. Before I have a chance to overthink it, Bella is grabbing my hand and pulling me through the woods to get away from the beasts.

It felt like we were running through the woods forever before we finally came crashing through Bella's front door as she let go of my hand and stumbled in front of her father who stood in the kitchen with Harry just off to the side of him.

Bella begins frantically telling them about the wolves, with them questioning her while I slowly shrunk into the background. My mind running a mile a minute as I tried to make sense of everything.

After convincing the two adults about the large wolves in the woods, the two men left to investigate it.

Charlie had placed his hand on my shoulder as he passed, in a comforting manner, but it wasn't until he was gone that I finally felt darkness take over me as I fainted.

"Ellie!" I barely hear Bella scream out as I fall to the floor.

━━━ 3rd person ━━━

     PAUL LAHOTE BARELY  had any time to process seeing the vampire, as Sam lead the pack into the clearing. All of them flanking behind him, as the vampire stared at them in shock.

The silver wolf felt an odd sensation go over him as he passed by the two girls that they were here to protect, but he couldn't figure out what it was as he began chasing after the vampire with the rest of his pack.

He felt a pulling sensation wash over him like he was being yanked back by the tug of a leash. Before he could disappear back into the woods where the rest of his pack had gone, Paul turned back around to stare at the two girls.

It hit him like a bomb going off in his chest as he stared at her face, and even though he stood yards away from her, he recognized her light blue eyes staring at him as she stood there with lights all around her.

He never imagined he would ever imprint on someone, but staring at her from across the clearing, Paul knew that's exactly what just happened.

Hearing Sam's loud howl, Paul took one more glance at the girl being pulled away before sprinting off to find the rest of his pack.