| 𝟤𝟫

YOU'RE MY FOREVER GIRL, Eloise Noble. Paul's words kept repeating over and over again in my head as I smiled to myself, my fingers absentmindedly tracing the edges of my lips that still lingered of Paul, despite scarfing down three of Emily's amazing muffins. Paul's freehand clutching my other hand under the table as he munched on his own muffins and continued his conversation with Jared.

We had arrived here twenty minutes after our make-out session against his truck, barely able to keep our lips off each other even as he clumsily put on a spare pair of jeans he had in his truck. I had greeted Emily and the rest of the pack with burning cheeks and many questions and jokes and an endless supply of laughter before I had excused myself to go to the bathroom and swallowed the morning after pill with a sip from the faucet water. Too embarrassed to do it in front of everyone, but not ashamed that they all seemed to know we had been at it by Jared's comment on how Paul's sent was all over me.

I felt whole, and complete, like I subconsciously had been missing this puzzle piece in my life without even knowing, but now finding it. Like there was this new shift inside me, and I felt like I was pumping blood to both mine and Paul's heart and his to mine. Both of our blood, the beats of our hearts, supplying life and a whole new energy to each other than either of us were fully aware of.

Sam seemed to notice the shift, and had been puzzled the moment we stepped out of the truck and onto their front porch, but didn't say anything as he just smiled and welcomed me officially to the pack. Emily immediately embracing me, repeating the same thing and squeezing me even tighter before ushering us into the house with everyone else and demanding we eat.

"So how was it, El?" Embry questioned, making my cheeks burn and my smile falter into a goofy grin as Emily, and Sam, reached over and slapped his shoulder. I can't help but laugh, seeing Emily crawling over Sam to reach Embry and Sam getting startled for a brief moment as she nearly kneed him in the groin. "Ow! I was just curious! Jeez!"

Emily apologized and kissed her fiancé sweetly before jumping and smacking Embry once again, before settling back into her seat and smiling innocently at everyone, despite Embry rubbing his head and complaining that she was stronger than she looks.

I peeked over at Paul, surprised he didn't lose his cool and go off on Embry himself ⎯ but only found him leaning back in his chair and smirking at me. I feel my cheeks grow hotter once more and avoid his eyes even as he leans closer and starts planting kisses all over the side of my face closest to him. Embry groans at Paul's sudden display of affection and looks around at the rest of his pack. "Am I the only one who finds this deeply concerning? I mean... the guy used to punch me just for breathing too close to him."

I let out a giggle, planting a kiss on Paul's lips and push him away as I take in a deep breath and begin fidgeting with my fingers. "I quite like it." I say softly, earning laughter from everyone as Paul grins wider and nods in approval.

"I'm sure you do!" Embry nearly shouts as he laughs along with us.

Despite Alaric, Lizze and Josie not being here as well.... I felt like I was home.

I smile brighter, kissing Paul once more and feeling a spark igniting between our lips as we pull away from each other. Our eyes lock for another moment, both of us seeming to feel it, but neither of us said anything as we just smiled and turned to look at everyone.

"Ok, am I crazy or did you guys feel that too?" Jared questions, watching us closely with his muffin still dangling from his mouth.

Sam sits up straight before speaking. "I felt it too, and this isn't the first time," Emily gives him a knowing look and holds his hand as he continues to speak. "I believe it's time for Eloise to know more about her mother's family and their significance to our tribe."

I stare at him in confusion, feeling a little nervous, but the soft look in his eyes showed that I was in no danger, and that what he had to tell me wasn't going to ruin this connection I feel between us all.

I nod my head, glancing at Paul who seemed confused himself.

"Yes, please, tell me more about my mother's ancestry."