Chapter Nine

Aster was still holding me to his chest as his cold breath fanned the crook of my neck

Aster was still holding me to his chest as his cold breath fanned the crook of my neck. One of my hands was rubbing his back as the other was buried in his dark hair.

"Aster?" I said trying to pull away from the hug but he tightened his arms around me. "Will you let me go so I can make you some hot chocolate? It'll warm you up."

"But you're warmer." He mumbled and I internally cooed at his adorableness.

"I promise I'll be back soon, yeah?" I said softly and he groaned in disapproval but he let me go.

"You better." He muttered cuddling to his blanket instead.

After grabbing the plastic bag, I hurriedly went to the kitchen clutching at my racing heart.

God.

I couldn't believe what I was feeling. I mean in some way I could because Aster was one of the kindest man I have ever met but still.

Since the moment I met him I had thought he was attractive but now I knew it was more then just an attraction.

I decided to go with saying that I have a crush on him.

I mean who wouldn't, right? It's no big deal. Just a tiny little crush that won't matter once I leave.

But what if it does matter? What if you can't forget him? What if.. something happens?

I ignored my subconscious and assured myself that nothing would happen. After all, I was 100% sure this was a one sided crush.

But then I remembered all the things Aster has been doing for me and I cut myself some slack and went with 80%.

I decided to stop torturing myself with these senseless thoughts and started to make that hot chocolate I promised.

As it was being made I grabbed a box of pads and went to the bathroom. Looking at it made my heart flutter at the thought of all that trouble Asher went through to get it for me.

When I was done I walked back to the kitchen to grab our cups of hot chocolate and then walked to the living room where Aster, despite his large size, had managed to wrap the blanket over him completely.

I stifled a laugh at how funny he looked and set our cups down on the small coffee table.

I let out a small gasp of surprise when Aster grabbed my wrist and pulled me down so I landed on his lap with my back pressed to his front. He wrapped the blanket around me as well before burying his face in my hair.

"Took too long." He whined and I laughed.

"You're being such a baby." I told him as I grabbed his cup and handed it to him before grabbing mine. "Be careful, it's hot."

"Mhmm so good." He said after taking a sip.

"I'm glad you like it." I told him, taking a sip of mine.